Contribute
Register

Won't boot after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I selected PCIe like you advised.... But it stalled at that part again(also, I selected Mac Pro 3,1 in the MultiBeast install.) How could I check to see if the the graphics card is damaged?

I'm tired of dealing with it now(I have to edit photos & videos this week), I thank you for all your time and efforts Carpentry... I'm going to buy this gfx card -> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DHW4HXY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

What are your thoughts, on the gfx card and should it just be pulg&play or do I have to make some changes based off the adjustments you made to the kext? Thanks again CP25.

Regards

I selected PCIe like you advised.... But it stalled at that part again(also, I selected Mac Pro 3,1 in the MultiBeast install.) How could I check to see if the the graphics card is damaged?

I'm tired of dealing with it now(I have to edit photos & videos this week), I thank you for all your time and efforts Carpentry... I'm going to buy this gfx card -> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DHW4HXY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

What are your thoughts, on the gfx card and should it just be pulg&play or do I have to make some changes based off the adjustments you made to the kext? Thanks again CP25.

Regards
To check if the card is damaged take it out and remove the fan house oh my god that cover every thing ( you will need some new paste that goes between heat sink and gpu chip it you have to remove it to see the card you can buy it at best buy or radio shack or online can remember the actual name at the moment ) once you can see the card it self look at the capacitors if any of them have swollen tops that's the problem also look for burn spots on the board itself where something may be haveing a loss in connection both can be repaired with a little know how to solder I have refurbished many graphics cards the capacitors can be bought online or at radio shake although they are super cheap on eBay be sure you get the exact matches in values there are some YouTube videos on how to do this actually or if uncomfortable with doing this I could do it for you if shipped to me with the parts and return shipping included I'd do it for free if that's the problem
but also boot the system up with onboard graphics selected in bios and delete the kext I previously had you install and repair permissions and rebuild cache with kext wizard then select the pcie graphics in the bios and see if it will work sorry I wasn't very specific in post 29 we may have done a lot of extra work for no reason since the bios(basic input output settings) weren't set right and see if that work if you can't get it to work I'd like to test that card for goofs and giggles just to find out what was actually the matter with it
and yes that card from amazon is awesome selection should work natively

also boot the system up with onboard graphics selected in bios and delete the kext I previously had you install and repair permissions and rebuild cache with kext wizard then select the pcie graphics in the bios and see if it will work

Should I do this with the ATI gfx card while its still connected to the MOBO? The new gfx card arrived today however I am still waiting on the female mini display port to hdmi adapter.

Thanks again CP25 for all your time and insight.

Cheers!

Should I do this with the ATI gfx card while its still connected to the MOBO? The new gfx card arrived today however I am still waiting on the female mini display port to hdmi adapter.

Thanks again CP25 for all your time and insight.

Cheers!
Should work either way I'd try to do it with it In The bios should be able to select between the two and disable if we can get the thing to work you might be able to use both if your motherboard has dual PCI e slots

When you told me to delete the kext you told me to install, were you referring to all 3? AMDRadeonAcc, ATI5000Controller & EVOenabler?

I want to make sure I try everything before I open the new GFX. Thanks CP25:D

When you told me to delete the kext you told me to install, were you referring to all 3? AMDRadeonAcc, ATI5000Controller & EVOenabler?

I want to make sure I try everything before I open the new GFX. Thanks CP25:D
Yes if you accidentally delete the one u uploaded you can get it back here

This is what DCPIManager said after I deleted the kexts and rebuild/repaired... Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.44.42 PM.jpg

I'm going to see if it starts up normal then shutdown. Select the PCIe in bios and see if the old gfx can work... If not then I'm installing the Geforce 760:eek:

"Hold on to your butts"

So this is happening now... wtfudge photo (1).jpg

I restarted in safe/verbose mode and reinstalled Multibeast and its still giving me this....

"Where do we go now?" -GnR

:confused:

I repaired/rebuilt the kext and now it started up normal. However I installed the new graphics card and I'm getting this image.jpg

Im too confused , not sure what to do know CP25.

UPDATE: For some reason when I select auto/PCIe it gives me the above screen shot/message
(kdp_poll: no debugger device)
However, I can have iGPU selected and it boots up fine(with working audio and with both monitors).

Almost to that point :banghead:...

Do I have to mess with config.plist?

Let me know what you think carpentry. Thanks

I repaired/rebuilt the kext and now it started up normal. However I installed the new graphics card and I'm getting this View attachment 89015

Im too confused , not sure what to do know CP25.

UPDATE: For some reason when I select auto/PCIe it gives me the above screen shot/message
(kdp_poll: no debugger device)
However, I can have iGPU selected and it boots up fine(with working audio and with both monitors).

Almost to that point :banghead:...

Do I have to mess with config.plist?

Let me know what you think carpentry. Thanks
be sure with the new graphics card installed have the graphics card selected in the bios prolly PCI e and then boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back