Contribute
Register

Won't boot after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, I installed a few other apps in the meantime. Yes the computer had been working fairly well(since mountain lion) until I did the "critical security update" saturday night.

View attachment 87881View attachment 87882

Thanks again CP25... I'll be up for another hour or so
if you have a setting in the bios menu to select the onboard graphics please select it and put the graphics card in and boot up using in -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes don't use the Graphics card use the onboard and see if we can get it to boot but have it plugged in then google a program called DPCIManger and download it and open it up and find the graphic card and get me the device id and vendor id then journey to the root of your drive and look for ATI5000Controller.kext if you don't have it it's more than likely the problem if you do then upload a zipped copy of it here so i can edit it for you to match the corresponding device id and vendor id that i need to you to get for me there is no way for me to google that information for you it is something you must get me if you have a windows desktop some where you can throw the card in it and get this info from the device properties you can access the device properties from the device manager program and if you can't do any of that and we still have problems with this card i suggest just replacing it with a nividia geforce gt 640 or better the one i have is a Galaxy GeForce GT 640 1gb it was like $100 at best buy and worked oob they have some cheaper ones online but i recommend going with one that is listed on here in the buyers guide because the galaxy models aren't there you may still have some problems with them if you get one because i was helping someone else that was having problems with it
Sorry i can't really help you unless we can get the device id and vendor id if we can get that which i hope we can i can help you with a roll back kext which i don't like doing but its better than having to buy another card it may be that the card isn't natively supported any more

HAHAHA!!! Looking back at those pics I sent made me realize how much of a moron/noob I am. CP25 you are killing me with kindness. Your input and guidance has been excellent.
photo 1.jpg

Also when I checked on the HDMI audio device underneath it gave me these random locations... probably not important yet even though I dont have audio working either(not a serious issue yet)photo 3.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Im sending the zip in the next post. Thanks CP25

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 99
heres the zip of AMD5000Controller.kext

Oh great and powerful master:clap: Sir Carpentryplus25:headbang:

Thank you so much...

Attachments

• AMD5000Controller.kext.zip
    965.1 KB · Views: 61
heres the zip of AMD5000Controller.kext

Oh great and powerful master:clap: Sir Carpentryplus25:headbang:

Thank you so much...
you are welcome Ok that was the wrong kext that i asked you for however i was able to find the right one and edit it for you so download a program called kext wizard and on the installation tab drag the kexts i attached to it and install them in s/l/e then on the maintenance tab check repair permissions and rebuild kext cache then reboot with the boot flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes with the display plugged into the graphics Card also be sure to change your bios settings back to the discrete graphics card instead of the onboard
also i hope this works and always back these kext up before updating anymore so you can use them if you ever have this problem again
View attachment Install these.zip
good luck
Carpentry
PS we will work on the audio once we have the graphics card working and the system booting with it in normally

:clap:Valiant enough sir however this happened...:shifty:photo.jpg

Awaiting for duty sir:thumbup:

I'm on my way to meet up with a client I should wrap up in an hour and then I'll be able to try again thanks carpentry. By the way are you in the states if so East Coast and West Coast

I'm on my way to meet up with a client I should wrap up in an hour and then I'll be able to try again thanks carpentry. By the way are you in the states if so East Coast and West Coast
East coast I work third so I'll be up til bout 9 in the morning at work currently

Thanks carpentry! Unfortunately it gives me the exact same message as before(the last screen shot I posted). Should I start looking at other gfx cards now? I'm at work till the evening. Thanks again for all you efforts.

Xav

Thanks carpentry! Unfortunately it gives me the exact same message as before(the last screen shot I posted). Should I start looking at other gfx cards now? I'm at work till the evening. Thanks again for all you efforts.

Xav
Does the bios settings have auto or PCI e or PCI or onboard should be pci e
is there anyway the card has become damaged cause we shouldn't be having all these problems it's supposed to work natively
what smbios are you using I suggest use Mac Pro 3,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back