Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
System updated to 10.10.1. I can confirm that nothing needs to be touched not even Trim Enabler - hex patch added to config.plist!
To summarize:
  1. Bios in UEFI mode
  2. Clover (latest version) in EFI partition
  3. config.plist with patch in Kernel and Kext Patches section for
    • Audio (AppleHDA for xml-->zml + AppleHDA for ALC1150)
    • HDMI Audio (AppleHDAController part 1/2 + AppleHDAController part 2/2)
    • AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (Port_0x5-DP-->HDMI + Port_0x7-DP-->HDMI)
    • Trim Enabler (IOAHCIBlockStorage)
  4. In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched inserted DSDT patched with Toleda's Audio HDMI HD4600/Haswell/8 Series (AMI-Clean_Compile-8series and AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1)
  5. In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched inserted SSDT generated with PikerAlpha's ssdtPRGen.sh
  6. In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10 inserted
    • AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
    • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • realtekALC.kext (this only one has been copied by toleda's audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.2.command from toleda/audio_CloverALC repo)
Please remember to repair permission and rebuild cache before and after the update.
I made a little command file (based on the idea of forum member stinga11) that automatically do the following (admin password required):
Code:
sudo nvram -c
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Attachments:
  • config.plist
  • DSDT
  • SSDT
  • Kexts folder
  • caches_rebuild.command

Thank you for your Attachments - i will test it on my machine. I still have problems with standby - wake up after 10sec.

Thank you for your Attachments - i will test it on my machine. I still have problems with standby - wake up after 10sec.

That's right: an extracted and patched dsdt would be the best choice, always. SSDT should be based upon your hardware, as well. You have a different cpu, hence different SSDT.

This is great news!
Could you please attach
[*]In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10 inserted
  • AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • realtekALC.kext (this only one has been copied by toleda's audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.2.command from toleda/audio_CloverALC repo)

And one question: Although I still didn't upgrade to yosemite (but planning for the near future) can I just insert the (hex) values and replacements in Kernel and Kext Patches section as you did in the screenshot?

Thanks in advance :)

Files already attached. And yes: those hex codes will be fine for Mavericks as well. :thumbup:

Aah cool, missed that :)
Now I just need to figure out what mappature I need and which I have now – although reading a lot I unfortunately still don't get that process at all.
I see. Well, it's not that difficult, after all.

1. First of all, find out what ig-platform id you have. Ususually, the default one for HD 4600 is 0300220D if you patched your dsdt for HDMI audio (see toleda's patches) then find Device (IGPU) in it and you'll be sure about that, like this
    114536-device-igpu.png
    or take a look at IORegistryExplorer, find IGPU@2, and in the right window check AAPL,ig-platform-id, like this
    114537-aapl-ig-platform-id.png
  2. What does this mean? Well, that AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext loads that hex codes starting from hex 0300220D. To check it out open
    S\L\E\AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext\Contents\MacOS\AppleIntelFramebufferAzul with Hex Fiend and find the code 0300220D followed by a bunch of binary codes
    114539-0300220d.png
  3. Those codes are the instructions that we are going to patch with Clover. The native codes tell OSX that we have 3 Display Ports (refer to SJ_UnderWater's post #2\Intel HD 5000)
    See down here
    Schermata 2014-11-19 alle 13.46.45.png
    In red we have port 0x5 codes
    In blue we have port 0x6 codes
    In green we have port 0x7 codes
  4. As I said, we must assume that native Azul with default ig-platform-id 0300220D makes OSX see three Display Ports with these codes.
    Now we have to discover which port is what, right?
  5. Plug your display into, let's say, DVI port then boot and open IORegistryExplorer.
  6. Find display0, delete it from search field, scroll up the left side of the window, find the display0's framebuffer, click on it and downside, in the right window you'll see the port (usually 0x5). Now you know that we have to turn port 0x5 from DisplayPort into DVI\HDMI (codes are pretty much the same between DVI and HDMI).
  7. It's time to check toleda's repo for audio_CloverHDMI, in config-hdmi_hd4600-100.plist\Kernel and Kext Patches you'll find the codes that we need. A simple copy-paste to your config.plist will do the job.
  8. Do the same for the other video connectors (except of course for VGA, which is not supported).

Oh, by the way, you need to do all of this without your discrete graphics card: we're talking about integrated HD 4600 only, of course.
Hope this will clear something, for you (and anyone else :thumbup:)

Credits

And thanks each time, to Wonkey Donkey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to do this with my discrete gfx in place? for multi monitor operations with both, the discrete and internal gfx at the same time?
Or is 'mixed gfx mode' not supported hackintoshwise?
I'm not an expert in discrete graphics. You have to choose onboard as first display in bios, system definition iMac 14,X.
But still, you need to have an already working onboard graphics, hence the framebuffer remapping is mandatory. I guess HDMI audio is OOB from nVidia GTX 670 hdmi and DP, though.

If not all I have to do is insert the (hex) values you posted above in the config.plist except AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and disable CSM-Mode in Bios to do a Clover UEFI-Install, right?
If you're talking about ASRock Z87E ITX all the Kernel and Kext patches codes inserted are necessary yo have Audio, HDMI Audio and Trim Enabled. And yes: disable CSM-Mode in Bios to do a Clover UEFI-Install.

Another thing I remember we had to do when using chimera was inserting the correct RAM speeds and RAM banks, I think it was just for cosmetic reasons.
Which Bank should I choose to do this inside Clover Configurator? According to my attached Screenshot I would choose Slot 0 and Slot 2. Is that correct?

I am a little confused here because I thought it would be slot 0 and 1?
Don't want to mess this up when configuring my clover stick and after installation is complete.
I wouldn't worry about that. All you need is to select XMPDetection=Yes in config.plist\Boot
boot.png
The results for me is
memory.png
Of course, using iMac 14,2 OSX thinks I have other two ram slots available :D

Last edited:
He's right: an extracted and patched dsdt would be the best choice, always. SSDT should be based upon your hardware, as well. You have a different cpu, hence different SSDT.

Hi,

thank you guy's - i will checked this.

I have dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml, ssdt-2.aml

Can you check my files?

I use HDMI-Audio to my Denon AVR-X2000 and DVI to my BenQ TFT. It works, but i have problems with sleep and bluetooth. WLAN and Ethernet works.

Thanks

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    43.3 KB · Views: 113
  • ssdt.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 107
  • ssdt-2.aml
    256 bytes · Views: 102
  • config-tonymac.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 232
I'm still having to boot from USB and got no UEFI boot options available to choose from, other than on the USB, which returns me straight to UEFI Bios
Make sure, when you install Clover onto your usb drive, that the install options for clover are those I explained in post #284. I guess you followed STEP 2: Prepare Bootable USB Drive of Tony's guide screenshots: that could lead your bios to not recognize clover because following those screenshots you don't install clover in the EFI partition of usb drive

Thanks for the help so far, but I'm sure my boot still isn't correct.

does anyone else still get directed to clover boot screen when booting from SSD? Is there an option to always load Yosemite from SSD, or at very least reduce the automatic 10 second timer that the automatically boots?

just seems weird there is so much progress but we still have this on boot!?

cheers,
Nick
I'm not sure of what you mean, but if you flag "fast" in config.plist\boot you won't see Clover screen (from bios to apple logo), if you want to reduce 10 seconds to, let's say 2 secs for clover screen, just type it in config.plist\boot\timeout.
115546-fast.png
Don't forget to uncheck "No Caches" in config.plist\System Parameters, otherwise every time clover will "forget" your instructions.
115545-caches.png

System successfully updated to 10.10.2 from 10.10.1 without issues, nor hackintosh adjustments.
124042-updated-10-10-2.png
The combo update still is not working at the moment, giving this
124040-combo-10-10-2.png
Then I passed through Software Update.
Audio and hdmi audio (mine is through DisplayPort) ok
124039-audio-10-10-2.png
Trim Support still enabled
124038-trim-10-10-2.png
Reference to this post for previous update from 10.10 to 10.10.1.
Good luck! :thumbup:

Hi again,

ive noticed something recently that's caused me a lot of bother!
if I leave the hackintosh for extended periods of time with no input (like a day or so) when I've thought its asleep it actually isn't. The outcome is all my bios settings are wiped to the point where I have to clear CMOS and boot using an old DVI monitor before I can start putting things right, once BIOS is happy I'm back on line more or less.

any ideas what could be going wrong with the power management?

cheers,
Nick

The middle, I've seen this as well. For the most part, I used to leave my computer on standby and never shut down. With proper dsdt edits, the computer still goes into sleep and acts like its asleep for a good amount of time. After a good amount of time, say 7 hrs, the computers wakes and stays "awake" indefinitely, and only a cmos reset will cure it. I have to add clover as boot option again through usb as well. I believe mavericks didn't have this problem.

I believe it has to do with imac's rtc alarm, which wakes the computer every 2 hours. I guess it gets stuck after so many times. I am running Yosemite 10.10.1

okay on 10.9.5 there's no problem with sleep with the mentioned edit – must be yosemite related then..

My mistake! I exchanged DSDTs, so I was using the one without the AAPL,clock-id patch (actually without the PJALM's USB Power patch).
Confirmed sleep working properly. Auto-sleep as well.
So basically, for two times in a row, CLOVER ALLOWS OUR MACHINES TO UPDATE THE SYSTEM JUST LIKE REAL MACs!
This is something.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back