Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> With the 10.15.1 Update Have have the "NO HDMI" Problem w/Sapphire RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix H370 - I
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have the "NO HDMI" problem with my Sapphire RX580 8gb. DP1/2 is working well.
Have you a solution for this little problem?

Yes latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts

Yes latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts
I have just installed both new kexts for Catalina 10.15.1 release, but it seems not work HDMI ports.
Any other solution?

you could try agdpmod=pikera to your boot arguments, even though it was said to be fixed and not needed. I have never gotten any kind of black screen till 15.1 and it was fixed with that boot argument.
The problem beginning when I try to connect a second display(HDMI) or I try to startup OSX with only the HDMI cable. Luckily I have an monitor with both ports.. I want to use both ports indistinctly or together for dual display but At this moment I can use only display port connection.

The problem beginning when I try to connect a second display(HDMI) or I try to startup OSX with only the HDMI cable. Luckily I have an monitor with both ports.. I want to use both ports indistinctly or together for dual display but At this moment I can use only display port connection.

Did you try the boot argument agdpmod=pikera ?

Any other solution?
My configuration:
-Asus ROG Strix H370 miniITX
-CPU I5 8400
-16Gb Ram 2666
-Sapphire Radeon RX580 pulse 8Gb

if you have lilu and WEG and you tried the boot argument then no it should just work. Try getting a DP ---> HDMI cable for the second monitor.
Thank you for answer, but I don’t understand because HDMI physical port doesn’t work. Is this a limit or incompatibility of my Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back