Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> With the 10.15.1 Update Have have the "NO HDMI" Problem w/Sapphire RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for answer, but I don’t understand because HDMI physical port doesn’t work. Is this a limit or incompatibility of my Hackintosh?

I do not know, but if the DP work then get a DP ---> HDMI cable and move on. The standard fixes did not work for you so that is all I got.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix H370 - I
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I do not know, but if the DP work then get a DP ---> HDMI cable and move on. The standard fixes did not work for you so that is all I got.

Thank you, probably my gpu isn’t 100% compatible.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-P
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
RX 580 here, using only display ports. was having issues with HDMI as well but all good with display port. find a display port to HDMI for your system

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix H370 - I
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
RX 580 here, using only display ports. was having issues with HDMI as well but all good with display port. find a display port to HDMI for your system
Thank you !

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
you could try agdpmod=pikera to your boot arguments, even though it was said to be fixed and not needed. I have never gotten any kind of black screen till 15.1 and it was fixed with that boot argument.

Thanks a lot. That worked for me :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you try the boot argument agdpmod=pikera ?
Unfortunately, the boot argument still doesn't solve my problem After installing Catalina, whenever after verbose logging was completed, and then it becomes black. I have tried the DP to HDMI route, added the boot argument - agdpmod=pikera, and I have tried injecting ATI via Clover. Thus far, nothing works. The only clue i have is AO code showing up on my gigabyte MoBo.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unfortunately, the boot argument still doesn't solve my problem After installing Catalina, whenever after verbose logging was completed, and then it becomes black. I have tried the DP to HDMI route, added the boot argument - agdpmod=pikera, and I have tried injecting ATI via Clover. Thus far, nothing works. The only clue i have is AO code showing up on my gigabyte MoBo.

Here is a copy of my MSI Z170 EFI put it on a flash drive and boot from it see if it works. Not that Z170 or Z370 require much different configs.

I cycled the board numbers and UUIDs before I uploaded it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.8 MB · Views: 69
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you! I will try it out. To ensure that I do it right - copy the config from your EFI and place it in my USB installer's EFI. OR would you recommend that I copy everything from your zip file and overwrite the EFI with your files? Let me know which route I should try out. One last thing - to ensure that I keep the software keys and so forth, can I copy the system system serial number from my previous working config and paste it in there to ensure that I don't have to activate everything again - or would that cause issues? it all started when I tried to update to Catalina...the life of Hackintosher...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you! I will try it out. To ensure that I do it right - copy the config from your EFI and place it in my USB installer's EFI. OR would you recommend that I copy everything from your zip file and overwrite the EFI with your files? Let me know which route I should try out. One last thing - to ensure that I keep the software keys and so forth, can I copy the system system serial number from my previous working config and paste it in there to ensure that I don't have to activate everything again - or would that cause issues? it all started when I tried to update to Catalina...the life of Hackintosher...

I would delete the one on what ever test drive you are using and reboot a few times. Preferably you would want to use a flash drive that you do not rely on to bring your system back. You can edit the config I sent you and change out the numbers to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.