Status
Not open for further replies.
plexi said:
ecoarena said:
:D You're welcome skaako,

Best wishes all.
Should I make the jump to Lion? I'm still flawless on 10.6.7 :problem:
Eco
I actually still prefer Snow Leopard over Lion!

If you do feel tempted to try Lion?
Keep Snow and put Lion on either another drive or partition.

Just sayin'

Actually plexi, guess what? That's exactly what I ended up doing. I now have Lion on one drive and Snow Leopard on a second. I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my SL drive, then erased this and reinstalled SL...upraded ONLY to 10.6.6 and then followed Tonymac's install as per this site. Touch wood all is working well. I'm keeping my SL, largely because I'm running ProTools in SL and I'm not willing to screw around with that, even though there IS an update that makes it 'compatible' with Lion. I may even wait and save for Pro tools 10.
But all good!
The best thing, is that I can boot into my SL drive from the boot loader and do any tweaks I need to!

Wonderful. Tonymac has another donation coming.

Cheers

Eco

I got this adapter working in 10.7.2 using the driver/utility that everyone else here has used. However, after reboot or sleep, I have to open in Wireless Network Utility that it installs and manually reconnect. Not a deal break (especially since it was only $20), but not ideal either.

Anyone else having this issue?

Also noticed that I only get about 1/4th of the speeds that my MacBook Pro's wireless gets.

Speedtest.net shows around 20 mbps on my MacBook Pro and around 5 mpbs on my Hackintosh. Definitely not seeing N speeds...

Just pluged in my rt-n10 dongle and crossed my fingers that it would work but I had no success. Can someone take me through the installation process step by step? I installed the utility from the CD and the driver from http://www.opendrivers.com/download/driver-147398.html but nothing changed.

I am using a HackPro 10.7.2 installation.

EDIT: nevermind, got it working.

Gentlemen,

I am in a boggle here. While installing a SSD and OWC Data Doubler in my 15" MPB, I broke the wifi/bluetooth/iSight cable. Not having the $$$ to have the display ripped apart to re-run a new cable, I would prefer to just use a USB dongle. After reading posts by ecoarena and ptt75 I went with the Belkin N300 (F7D2101) since it is available at my local Staples and I am instant gratification kinda guy. But I can't get it working!

I am running 10.7.2.... but stock OS X (since it is a Mac).
I have tried both the RTL8192SU driver and the RTL8188CUS. Neither work.

Any suggestions or pointers on what I missed would be greatly appreciated!

chace90 said:
I got this adapter working in 10.7.2 using the driver/utility that everyone else here has used. However, after reboot or sleep, I have to open in Wireless Network Utility that it installs and manually reconnect. Not a deal break (especially since it was only $20), but not ideal either.

It seems to be a delay issue: Wireless Network Utility starts before Wifi daemon is ready. So, I solved using an Apple Script saved as application. Here's the script:

Code:
delay 7
tell application "Wireless Network Utility" to activate
tell application "Finder" to set visible of process "Wireless Network Utility" to false

I removed Wireless NetWork Utility on login items and I added my script. You can tweak the delay for you need.

Have fun!

EDIT: File attached.

Attachments

• WiFi.app.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 181
mdmwii said:
chace90 said:

It seems to be a delay issue: Wireless Network Utility starts before Wifi daemon is ready. So, I solved using an Apple Script saved as application. Here's the script:

Code:
delay 7
tell application "Wireless Network Utility" to activate
tell application "Finder" to set visible of process "Wireless Network Utility" to false

I removed Wireless NetWork Utility on login items and I added my script. You can tweak the delay for you need.

Have fun!

EDIT: File attached.

Elegant solution! I ended up returning the adapter after I could never get decent speeds out of it, especially compared to my MacBook Pro. Just gave up and moved the router to my office so I could plug straight into it.

Thanks everyone!

just wanted to confirm asus usb n10 adapter with the Asus WL-167G-V3 10.6 drivers works great. I created a profile in Wireless Utility and have to manually connect each time I start up. haven't tried sleep. good quick solution for 20$

I am on 10.7.2, similar setup to Customac mini

ptt75 said:
I am using Belkin N300 with RTL8192SU driver and it works just fine.

OS X 10.7.1
Belkin N300 Share (F7D2101)

THANK YOU!

I am using Belkin N150 micro and it works too. I used RTL8192CU driver from the original post.
Thank you ptt75 and ecoarena!!!

OSX 10.7.2
Belkin N150 micro (F7D1102tt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back