3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi folks, Work's kept me quite busy, so little time to play. For the past few months, I've simply networked my Macbook Pro to my Hackintosh beast (via ethernet) and used it as a wireless access point. Everything was absolutely fine that way. However, in my drawer, I had the ASUS USB-N10 wireless adapter (tiny unit around 3 cm long and not very obtrusive) which I'd hoped to get working. In the past, I'd used the recommended drivers from ASUS but no luck, particularly with Snow Leopard. HOWEVER, tonight, I gave it another go and did some surfing. It was this site:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1461271
that prompted me to try and download the REALTEK drivers for 10.6 (as I'm running 10.6.7 VERY smoothly :D ). I found a valid download site here:
http://www.opendrivers.com/categorycomp ... page4.html
(navigate your way carefully through all the ad @#$!)
The driver is
Realtek RTL8192SU Wireless Driver 1079 Mac OS X 10.6
(this is the latest build, 1079).
Well, popped it in my HackPro and voilé! I'm on the network!

Hope this helps. :headbang:

Best wishes

Eco :wave:

Thank you! Worked for me on 10.6.7

Does it work in 10.6.8?

Please, upload driver somewhere. You link is dead. Google didn't helped.

Toxyne said:
Please, upload driver somewhere. You link is dead. Google didn't helped.

Hmmm? Link still works for me, but I see the layout is changed. It's the 4th driver from the bottom....but I'll upload the file for you (saves you wading through a lot of 'interesting' o_O stuff).

Regards

Eco

Attachments

• RTL8192SU_MacOS10.6_1079.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 931
Thank you!
Old link is working?
I tried open that site from iPod. Maybe site is not support it.

Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

It still connected and disconnected continuously on my 10.6.7 with 32 & 64 bit :(

I can confirm a USB-N10 working in 10.6.8 with the drivers that Ecoarena has posted in this thread. Thanks!

Confirming that ecoarena's driver works in 10.7 with ASUS USB-N10. (These are drivers for USB-N11 though.)

Thanks !

ps: ASUS USB-N10 does not work in 10.7 with latest drivers from ASUS website, neither from CD that was delivered with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back