Contribute
Register

[WIP] P8Z77-V Deluxe, Ivy Bridge, and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ITX version of this board on order and will hopefully receive it early next week. Hopefully we can get a nice DSDT for this one soon from someone more knowledgeable than myself on DSDT mods. Too bad DSDT Autopatcher is out of business....

I've just received it and I'm afraid to say it is not going too well, however I'm currently wondering if it is my usb installer, so just re-making that.

Are you in AHCI mode?

Its likely having an issue finding your SATA controller (Marvell PCIe 9128 SATA)

Try different ports for your hard drive until you have tried all 4. Try the ESATA ports too if possible, though it likely wouldn't matter.

don't think it is a sata issue, am currently booting off of a usb installer and I can see all my installs on the chimera load screen so am assuming the drives are working.

I'm thinking it might be a chimera issue, as is telling me that for some reason i've got 1.8 but I can't seem to update it.

Thanks for the input

Thats correct, its definitely not a SATA issue then (for the time being :) )

It's a bootloader issue, my system was booting off of the HDD instead of the installer which was why I was getting that, just trying to boot off of the USB now

Photo 03-05-2012 21 05 30.jpg

Attachments

• Photo 03-05-2012 21 05 30.jpg
    Photo 03-05-2012 21 05 30.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
samisnake said:
have you got a link to what you were talking about before?

havent seen any confirmation that there is now a way to flash a modified rom on a z77 board. if you know of a thread, can you post it up. cheers
There are two ways around this issue. First the reason why Gigabyte's UEFI implementation seems to work is because the 3xxx version UEFI includes a DSDT similar to that implemented by Apple and thus works mostly out of the box. So hopefully Asus will update their UEFI framework since it looks like this is the groundwork for something Windows 8 or latter. Remember something like a DSDT would be handy having a pre-full OS environment like a minimal pre-safemode or UEFI extentions of the OS into the firmware.
The other is Revo and the others finishing bypassing those last few bytes that cause an issue when flashing a patched firmware. They are apparently close.

tom.humphrey said:
I've just received it and I'm afraid to say it is not going too well, however I'm currently wondering if it is my usb installer, so just re-making that.
It probably wont work with any reliability until 10.8 comes out. Even then things like native USB 3.0 wont work along with other things out of the box simply because Apple seems to not interested in USB 3.0 at this point.

I'm getting a usbehci error at the moment and can't find root device.

Think there is an issue with the usb ports but not sure how to get around it currently.

tom.humphrey said:
I'm getting a usbehci error at the moment and can't find root device.

Think there is an issue with the usb ports but not sure how to get around it currently.

Try some different options for USB support in the BIOS. With the msi z77a-gd65 I had to set legacy usb support from "enabled" to "auto" for some of the usb ports to work. Probably looks different in your bios but worth a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back