Contribute
Register

[WIP] MSI Z77A-G43

Status
Not open for further replies.
dta said:
s4nup said:
Oh Wow...this is good news. As for me...i'm still waiting for SL to turn up...i also bought a new SSD, so that will be with me tomorrow (hopefully with SL) so i can get going already. Not sure if I missed it, but is everything working as expected? Network / Sleep etc?

Everything is working except Sleep/Wake, because I have to use NullCPUPowerManagement. Should SpeedStepper work with Ivy Bridge? Anyone?

Btw I just did a Geekbench run: http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/659378

I'll be curious to see the answer to that question. Sleep is flawless with the GD55 and a sandy bridge chip. I don't see why speedstepper shouldn't work. Perhaps you should try the modded BIOS route and see if that works since speedstepper seemed to cause problems. Very easy to flash back if it doesn't work and your os x configuration is preserved.

wfj said:
dta said:
s4nup said:
Oh Wow...this is good news. As for me...i'm still waiting for SL to turn up...i also bought a new SSD, so that will be with me tomorrow (hopefully with SL) so i can get going already. Not sure if I missed it, but is everything working as expected? Network / Sleep etc?

Everything is working except Sleep/Wake, because I have to use NullCPUPowerManagement. Should SpeedStepper work with Ivy Bridge? Anyone?

Btw I just did a Geekbench run: http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/659378

I'll be curious to see the answer to that question. Sleep is flawless with the GD55 and a sandy bridge chip. I don't see why speedstepper shouldn't work. Perhaps you should try the modded BIOS route and see if that works since speedstepper seemed to cause problems. Very easy to flash back if it doesn't work and your os x configuration is preserved.

Yeah I just posted a request in the patched bios thread.

OK, I've tested the modded BIOS from brycv, but sadly it's not booting into Lion. I'm getting the same instant reboot I was getting with SpeedStepper patch. Do I have to use a patched DSDT additionally?
I've tried various BIOS settings, C1E & EIST turned off, both turned on, only one of them turned on, as well as the p-states and c-states settings in boot.plist, but nothing worked.

As the BIOS mod as well as SpeedStepper is not working and both resulting in the same error, it might be Ivy Bridge and the modified kernel I am running? wfj, did you have success with a modded BIOS on your GD55 and Sandy Bridge?

Update: samisnake told me that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement isn't working with Ivy Bridge yet, so it's obvious why SpeedStepper or BIOS mod are not working. Have to stick with NullCPUPowerManagement until there is native Ivy Bridge support.

dta said:
OK, I've tested the modded BIOS from brycv, but sadly it's not booting into Lion. I'm getting the same instant reboot I was getting with SpeedStepper patch. Do I have to use a patched DSDT additionally?
I've tried various BIOS settings, C1E & EIST turned off, both turned on, only one of them turned on, as well as the p-states and c-states settings in boot.plist, but nothing worked.

As the BIOS mod as well as SpeedStepper is not working and both resulting in the same error, it might be Ivy Bridge and the modified kernel I am running? wfj, did you have success with a modded BIOS on your GD55 and Sandy Bridge?

Update: samisnake told me that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement isn't working with Ivy Bridge yet, so it's obvious why SpeedStepper or BIOS mod are not working. Have to stick with NullCPUPowerManagement until there is native Ivy Bridge support.

Well, that would explain things. It all works fine with Sandy. I'm sure there will be a fix relatively soon. Running null temporarily isn't the end of the world...

wfj said:
dta said:

Well, that would explain things. It all works fine with Sandy. I'm sure there will be a fix relatively soon. Running null temporarily isn't the end of the world...

No it really isn't. My build is running fine now, very responsive and extremely fast while being dead silent. Installation wasn't to hard either, in fact pretty painless now that I know what to do.

Were any of you able to get audio working?

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with a MSI motherboards. I had planned to get a Gigabyte one but they where not in stock at Amazon so went ahead and got a Z77 GD65. I'm currently running windows 7 on the system, installed it on a M4 SSD. My question is does Lion support SATA 3? Would like to take advantage of SATA 3 when I install Lion this weekend, if not then I have another SSD that is SATA 2 and would just install lion on that one. Going to do some reading on the forums this week and will try installing Lion this weekend. Thanks for all the info guys, I'll post back on how the Installion goes.

Smork said:

Audio is working perfectly fine. I'm currently using ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback in MultiBeast. Instead of HDAEnabler I'm using a stock DSDT with my own edits, but HDAEnabler does also work if you don't want to mess around with DSDT edits.

Unfortunately, toleda's patched AppleHDA did not work for me.

Cingular said:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with a MSI motherboards. I had planned to get a Gigabyte one but they where not in stock at Amazon so went ahead and got a Z77 GD65. I'm currently running windows 7 on the system, installed it on a M4 SSD. My question is does Lion support SATA 3? Would like to take advantage of SATA 3 when I install Lion this weekend, if not then I have another SSD that is SATA 2 and would just install lion on that one. Going to do some reading on the forums this week and will try installing Lion this weekend. Thanks for all the info guys, I'll post back on how the Installion goes.

System profiler shows me a 6 Gigabit link on my SATA 3 drives and 3 Gigabit link on my SATA 2 drives, so my guess would be it's being supported.

dta said:
Smork said:

Audio is working perfectly fine. I'm currently using ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback in MultiBeast. Instead of HDAEnabler I'm using a stock DSDT with my own edits, but HDAEnabler does also work if you don't want to mess around with DSDT edits.

Unfortunately, toleda's patched AppleHDA did not work for me.

Cingular said:

System profiler shows me a 6 Gigabit link on my SATA 3 drives and 3 Gigabit link on my SATA 2 drives, so my guess would be it's being supported.

It's working for me as well.
http://cl.ly/3m2i2d1R2h450M3k332Z

As for the DSDT, I tried installing one that was posted earlier but it gave major issues, killed my ethernet. Would it be possible if you could post yours?

Smork said:
As for the DSDT, I tried installing one that was posted earlier but it gave major issues, killed my ethernet. Would it be possible if you could post yours?

Here you go. I extracted this using BIOS version 2.3 on my Z77A-GD43.

I am having some troubles with my ethernet too, but it looks like this is related to Lnx2Mac kext as a lot more people on different boards seem to have issues with it. Ethernet is not working when I plug my cable out and back in or when I set ethernet to disabled and back to enabled. After a reboot everything works again.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    39 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back