Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Creating the UniBeast Installer

On your Mac, Format your USB as HFS, fire up your UniBeast and simply select the app. Once that's done, use the EFI mounter v3 app to mount the EFI partition on your USB.
Open the EFI partition and navigate to EFI/CLOVER/
Now, download the config file linked here
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4000_1600x900.plist
Replace the config file in EFI/CLOVER/ with this one, but don't close it yet
  • Open up the config file, and under ig-platform-id, replace 0x01660004 with 0x01660009
  • InjectEDID = true

Now open EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ and add these Kexts
  • VoodooPS2Controller
  • FakeSMC
  • USBInjectAll
Now open EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and add these efi files
  • apfs.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi [Not OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, it won't boot]
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
Make sure you do NOT have ANY other efi files. If you have EmuVariable or anything like that, it will never initialise the graphics.

That's it. Now plug in the USB into your ASUS Taichi

BIOS Settings
  • Disable VT-d
  • Disable Secure Boot
  • Disable Fast Boot
  • XHCI Pre Boot Mode : Disable
  • Graphics Allocation : 64MB
Booting into the installer

If you've done everything correctly, simply boot verbose mode into the installer screen.
Set everything up, wipe your SSD, and install it. When it reboots, select the SSD partition and let it install.

Booting into the desktop

Once it's installed, boot into the desktop. It should allow you to skip the setup without WiFi.
Once you're at the desktop, just put your hands up and congratulate yourself, the difficult part is over.

Preparing WiFi
I used an Atheros AR5B195 card. (The antennas do not fit well, just solder or temporarily tape them into place)
Once its done, simply install ToledaARPT.kext in Library/Extensions/ and reboot. You should have WiFi.
Make sure you have Wifi as en0, google how to do that.

Installing Clover on the SSD
Use Multibeast or any clover utility you like. I had some problems installing it in UEFI mode, so I used legacy (BIOS CSM=On)
But it should work for you.
Next up, mount the SSD EFI partition and copy your kexts, drivers64, and config file from USB to SSD.
Again. Just the above efi files, no more, no less.

Now reboot a couple of times and check if you're able to boot correctly from your SSD. If you're not getting graphics, then that means you haven't put 0x01660009 under ig-platform-id, or you haven't injected EDID.

Sound
Under Multibeast, select VoodooHDA 2.8.7, that one works.

Patching DSDT for battery
Prerequisites : Read this guide to the letter : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Once you've read that, use the following patch on your DSDT
  • ASUS G75VW
Once applied, copy your ACPIBatteryManager.kext into Library/Extensions and reboot. Battery status should be working

Clover patching for brightness
In your config.plist, just make AddPNLF = true, and then copy IntelBacklight.kext into L/E

What I'm still working on :
Keyboard Brightness keys
keyboard backlight keys

I still haven't got the screen on the back to work dynamically yet. But I hardly use that.

Let me know if I missed something. For problem reporting, please open a thread under support.

Hi , tried your exact steps on my taich 21
But installation stops - hangs- on the lines shown in the attached image.

Attachments

• 20190119_130801.jpg
    20190119_130801.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
If you're not getting graphics, then that means you haven't put 0x01660009 under ig-platform-id, or you haven't injected EDID.

Have you done this correctly?

Your graphics are not initialising. Please attach a copy of your CLOVER folder

Have you done this correctly?

Your graphics are not initialising. Please attach a copy of your CLOVER folder

Yes, i was wrong and i got it , thanks . one more question , how dod you get the touch screen to work ? it feels touch but with black screen , no graphic .

thanks

i'm also having the same issue , can't install clover in EFI mode ... never boots from SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back