Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] HP ENVY x360 13-y013cl - i7-7500U Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently in the post install process, OS has been installed, and i could boot it with the USB EFI clover, but after I copy everything to the HDD EFI Clover folder, it failed to load with a KP (posted earlier), as you pointed out, it might be because the DSDT is not for my computer, so I decided to patch it up and still struggling which patch i should choose. since chhaggerty has completed his patching and working well for most of the hardwares, i would like to figure out what patch he has took..

Even after a fresh install, you should be able to boot without patched ACPI.

Even after a fresh install, you should be able to boot without patched ACPI.
it seems clover only works for USB not for HDD, is it a bug of clover? i searched this problem in google, there are quite some ppl have same problem.

it seems clover only works for USB not for HDD, is it a bug of clover? i searched this problem in google, there are quite some ppl have same problem.

Clover works for both equally.
It is your responsibility to configure Clover as appropriate for your hardware.

ok, For the current issue I have so far, is it because the DSDT or something else? could you help to shed some light on this?

ok, For the current issue I have so far, is it because the DSDT or something else? could you help to shed some light on this?

Start with HDD EFI/Clover exactly as USB EFI/Clover.

Good morning Sir.

i just copy everything to HDD EFI/Clover from USB, to ensure they are 100% same, I removed the EFI/Clover folder in HDD before I do the copy.

here is what I got when I boot from HDD(also attached the clover.zip), thanks ahead of time!

upload_2017-2-7_9-6-7.png

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
here is the IOReg and the original ACPI dump(clover F4)

Attachments

• CloverF4Dump.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IOReg.zip
    512 KB · Views: 103
Good morning Sir.

i just copy everything to HDD EFI/Clover from USB, to ensure they are 100% same, I removed the EFI/Clover folder in HDD before I do the copy.

here is what I got when I boot from HDD(also attached the clover.zip), thanks ahead of time!

View attachment 235057

Change boot args so you're certain you're looking at the correct EFI/Clover (you can just add a bogus boot arg, such as 'bogus_boot_arg=12345678')

Also, configure Clover as per guide:
- do not place kexts that are not essential in Clover/kexts/Other
- do not use patched ACPI
- use correct drivers64UEFI content

See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

here is the IOReg and the original ACPI dump(clover F4)

Not possible to collect ioreg if you're not able to boot...

Not possible to collect ioreg if you're not able to boot...

I collected these ioreg dump via USB boot( in the USB clover menu, I selected boot from HDD, and then everything works fine).

I collected these ioreg dump via USB boot( in the USB clover menu, I selected boot from HDD, and then everything works fine).

Your EFI/Clover on HDD is probably not the same as USB EFI/Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back