Contribute
Register

[WIP-Guide] HP ENVY x360 13-y013cl - i7-7500U Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that I can't get to work is booting Clover to MacOS from the NVME. The identical Clover folder works perfect from USB, but fails as above when I try from NVME. I've tried everything I can think of and have been researching the problem, but so far no success. Here is my latest Clover folder and IOREG.

See NVMe guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Keep in mind once you install FakeSMC.kext to the system volume, you must also install other "essential" kexts... such as HackrNVMeFamily...

Note: You should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-13.aml
SSDT-14.aml
SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml

Don't forget to fix up SortedOrder...

thanks a lot for the detailed information, my SSD was Samsung PM951 512GB, same problem, not able to boot from it. I also tried all kinds of tricks still no luck.
Hi Guys,
I just picked up this laptop, fantastic. We use OneNote at work and the ability to ink on the screen seems excellent.

Thanks for getting me up to speed with all the kexts and patches, but same problem with Clover hard disk booting, I think it has to do with HP's UEFI code, I get a touchscreen icon overlaid on Clover and the immediate KP.

I've found a workaround that paradoxically call for using the Legacy boot mode in BIOS. I upgraded the NVMe and wiped the original and installed Sierra on the disk with an MBR partition map and then installed clover to the MBR and it works, booting automatically into Sierra.

I have just tried on the larger NVMe with GUID partition and putting the attached boot file into the root directory works for me.
Unfortunately the BIOS will try and boot EFI first and since I have a Win 10 partition this boots unless I use f9 to bypass it (if you only have OS X I think it should automatically boot).

YMMV.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    335.9 KB · Views: 139
Hi Guys,
I just picked up this laptop, fantastic. We use OneNote at work and the ability to ink on the screen seems excellent.

Thanks for getting me up to speed with all the kexts and patches, but same problem with Clover hard disk booting, I think it has to do with HP's UEFI code, I get a touchscreen icon overlaid on Clover and the immediate KP.

I've found a workaround that paradoxically call for using the Legacy boot mode in BIOS. I upgraded the NVMe and wiped the original and installed Sierra on the disk with an MBR partition map and then installed clover to the MBR and it works, booting automatically into Sierra.

I have just tried on the larger NVMe with GUID partition and putting the attached boot file into the root directory works for me.
Unfortunately the BIOS will try and boot EFI first and since I have a Win 10 partition this boots unless I use f9 to bypass it (if you only have OS X I think it should automatically boot).

YMMV.
On your NVMe drive with GUID partition table, do you have Clover installed in EFI and your BOOT file in the root of your Sierra partition? I can't get that to work. Can you explain your setup in more detail? Would love to stop having to boot from USB.

Thanks

Last edited:
On your NVMe drive with GUID partition scheme, do you have Clover installed in EFI and your BOOT in the root of your Sierra drive? I can't get that to work. Can you explain your setup in more detail? Would love to stop having to boot from USB.

Thanks

In BIOS "Legacy Support" = "[ENABLED]"
Then I ran Clover_v2.3k_r3974.pkg
selected
Bootloader->Install boot0ss in MBR
Use alternative booting PBR
Clover EFI -> CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO
Drivers64 -> All
Install RC script on target volume
(I probably ran a different setup on the MBR formatted disk as it generated the boot file I posted above)

Which generated the boot file and an EFI folder in the root directory. I do wonder if clover installs MBR boot files to the "protective MBR" of the GUID disk?

Anyway on rebooting the computer and pressing F9 the boot file issues a 6 and failed to the legacy boot screen, but if you press 7 quickly it will boot to clover and then replace the boot file in the root folder with the one I posted above. The EFI folder that is read on my computer is the one in the EFI partition and not the one in the root folder.

I did think just doing the last step would work but some MBR files (boot0ss, boot0af) must be written by clover to the first sector of the guid partition.

In regards the sound not being heard on cold boot, have you tried setting ResetHDA under devices on your config.plist?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, it's works like a charm! Like you mentioned, since the BIOS legacy boot options will always be after UEFI boot options, we still have to use F9 to boot MacOS, but it's still great not to need a dongle.

I have been using ResetHDA for a few weeks. Using that along with Mirone's patched AppleHDA works very well.

Thanks for the information, it's works like a charm! Like you mentioned, since the BIOS legacy boot options will always be after UEFI boot options, we still have to use F9 to boot MacOS, but it's still great not to need a dongle.

I have been using ResetHDA for a few weeks. Using that along with Mirone's patched AppleHDA works very well.

do you guys have problem with close lid sleep / wakeup? i found mine can't wakeup, normally i got black screen or it might work sometimes but the screen will splash constantly.

do you guys have problem with close lid sleep / wakeup? i found mine can't wakeup, normally i got black screen or it might work sometimes but the screen will splash constantly.
No problems with close lid sleep and wake on battery power.
I've been looking at getting the display and touchscreen working in "tent mode". So far a kind-of-works setup is the attached kext which matches against the touchscreen and inverts the coordinates based on a bool flag that can be set with Rehabman's ioio utility (ioio -s ELAN_Touchscreen flip it) and the screen can be flipped with fb-rotate (fb-rotate -d -1 -r 1), I've just changed the toggle command to flip between 0 and 180 instead of 0 and 90. Using the ACPIKeyboard.kext you can automate it with the F4 key and a Controllermate script
Method (_Q0D, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
\RMDT.P1 ("EC _Q0D enter")
Notify (RMKB, 0x1150)
Notify (RMKB, 0x1250)
\RMDT.P1 ("EC _Q0D exit")
}
Device (RMKB)
{
Name (_HID, "RMKB0000")
}

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 105
No problems with close lid sleep and wake on battery power.
I've been looking at getting the display and touchscreen working in "tent mode". So far a kind-of-works setup is the attached kext which matches against the touchscreen and inverts the coordinates based on a bool flag that can be set with Rehabman's ioio utility (ioio -s ELAN_Touchscreen flip it) and the screen can be flipped with fb-rotate (fb-rotate -d -1 -r 1), I've just changed the toggle command to flip between 0 and 180 instead of 0 and 90. Using the ACPIKeyboard.kext you can automate it with the F4 key and a Controllermate script
Method (_Q0D, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
\RMDT.P1 ("EC _Q0D enter")
Notify (RMKB, 0x1150)
Notify (RMKB, 0x1250)
\RMDT.P1 ("EC _Q0D exit")
}
Device (RMKB)
{
Name (_HID, "RMKB0000")
}

thanks a lot Codeye, do you mind to share your Clover zip with me? I would like to compare your patches with mine to see what do i missed.

thanks a lot Codeye, do you mind to share your Clover zip with me? I would like to compare your patches with mine to see what do i missed.
Here you go, but I've updated my bios so you may not want to just swap in my dsdt.aml file.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back