Contribute
Register

[WIP] Acer Aspire VX15 VX5-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Hi RehabMan, thanks for your response. I was wondering; is there some way I can send the files to you privately? I've probably not scrubbed them very well and would prefer not having them on the open internet. Regardless of how we proceed, I want to apologize in advance for the aneurysm you're likely to experience from reviewing my report files.

@almeidabr, It's not SSDT-5 on my system, unfortunately. I think it's SSDT-18 here.

EDIT:

I've figured it out. I needed to have the global _DSM > XDSM option enabled in my config.plist. It was there, I just hadn't turned it on.

Last edited:
I have that laptop with little other spec and I'm after first failures few months ago. I will try this guide for sure in some time, but I'm curious (I'm newbie so don't be mad at me) is there any chance to get nVidia card to work?

Also it's rather question for OP, do you feel any differences with WiFi speed, quality after change? Is it better/worse than stock one?

I have that laptop with little other spec and I'm after first failures few months ago. I will try this guide for sure in some time, but I'm curious (I'm newbie so don't be mad at me) is there any chance to get nVidia card to work?

Also it's rather question for OP, do you feel any differences with WiFi speed, quality after change? Is it better/worse than stock one?

Same speed browsing and 10% faster file transfer over Wireless AC

If your audio ALC255 still not working with audio jack I think you should try AppleHDAPatcher 1.8. It should works fine because my audio is ALC255 too. :)

If your audio ALC255 still not working with audio jack I think you should try AppleHDAPatcher 1.8. It should works fine because my audio is ALC255 too. :)

Thanks for the help, yes I did try AppleHda patcher 1.8, no luck

@almeidabr Could you write some more information about patching DSDT/SSDT? I've read whole topic but it's pretty hard to understand for someone that doing it first time...

Ok, I did it to installation finally (I just get config.plist, kexts and patch to disable nvidia card with script from @RehabMan, not including whole SSDT-5). So, again, Do I have to patch anything else if that seems to work? If something wouldn't work could I fix it later somehow (I cant find any information about patching these files on installed MacOS)? I will proceed with installation in few days, I need to order WiFi replacement first.

Ok, I did it to installation finally (I just get config.plist, kexts and patch to disable nvidia card with script from @RehabMan, not including whole SSDT-5). So, again, Do I have to patch anything else if that seems to work? If something wouldn't work could I fix it later somehow (I cant find any information about patching these files on installed MacOS)? I will proceed with installation in few days, I need to order WiFi replacement first.

It is not possible to disable Nvidia without patching ACPI.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back