Contribute
Register

[WIP] Acer Aspire VX15 VX5-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan Thanks for reply, I've read plenty of articles, I don't understand much yet but still went through and I'm starting to get it more and more. I don't really need that specific help, just reply for that last question, about that I will be able to patch these files after installation? And about your reply, it was patch, hotpatch to be more specific from your simple example in one of threads.

@RehabMan Thanks for reply, I've read plenty of articles, I don't understand much yet but still went through and I'm starting to get it more and more. I don't really need that specific help, just reply for that last question, about that I will be able to patch these files after installation? And about your reply, it was patch, hotpatch to be more specific from your simple example in one of threads.

Hotpatch can be used to disable the device (and sometimes it is quite simple, as per my guide)...
You made it sound like you did the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml thing, which does not actually disable the device (but is useful as a quick/dirty method of getting the installer going).

Not sure which post-install patching you're referring to.

That's exactly what I did. I haven't noticed information about not actual disabling device :/ So it's still better to patch original SSDT?

Hi, could you attach the SSDT and DSDT just for reference, I am having a hard time on figuring out which things I should change, I think some things are not the same as the DSDT/SSDT guide (like the methods for disabling the discreet card).

I know that DSDT/SSDT can only be used the one that you extracted, but can I use someone elses just as reference?

PS: I remember I came across a link that explained about DSDT/SSDT but I can't find it now, if someone has it it would be great. I am having a hard time with this.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I was able to fix backlight!
Thanks! RehabMan.

I am trying to fix Sleep now, I tried to patch "Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)" as the disable discreet card guide, but it seems that the patch is not applied. I click to apply and if I go and click on the patch again, the same amount of changes are still there. The same happens with changing "audio layout 3".

Thanks

I was able to fix backlight!
Thanks! RehabMan.

I am trying to fix Sleep now, I tried to patch "Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)" as the disable discreet card guide, but it seems that the patch is not applied. I click to apply and if I go and click on the patch again, the same amount of changes are still there. The same happens with changing "audio layout 3".

Thanks

Describe problem with sleep in detail.
Then attach problem reporting files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sleep problem - If I close the lid or put the computer to sleep, it turns off the screen but when you try to wake up the screen turns on but only showing a black screen. Only resetting "fixes" the issue.

Problem Reporting files attached and profile updated. Also added a full system report from CPU-Z if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Files - Report Problem - Acer Aspire VX15.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back