Contribute
Register

WindowServer crash (Nvidia Web Driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the developer's web page for details.

I've lost track, what issues are you trying to solve now ?

Well the crashing to the login screen issue that the author of this thread is having. I also noticed that just before a crash the UI started to become more sluggish. I was actually experiencing that sluggishness in Safari on a regular basis, and that seems to be gone now. I was also able to trigger a crash by rapidly closing a lot of tabs in Safari, and that's going smoothly now too.

So, all in all your suggestions seem to have a positive effect. Thanks! I hope the issue is gone now.

Well the crashing to the login screen issue that the author of this thread is having. I also noticed that just before a crash the UI started to become more sluggish. I was actually experiencing that sluggishness in Safari on a regular basis, and that seems to be gone now. I was also able to trigger a crash by rapidly closing a lot of tabs in Safari, and that's going smoothly now too.

So, all in all your suggestions seem to have a positive effect. Thanks! I hope the issue is gone now.
Unfortunately the issue is not gone. Just had a similar crash as the author of this thread. Anyone else have any suggestions to mitigate this?

I got this issue too on latest HS & Web Drivers, its on a Pascal card (1080Ti) just dumps out to boot after a bit whilst under load - deffo not CPU load, tested that. During regular use its stable but if I do something a bit heavy like GPU VRay render it'll pop.

I'm experiencing the same crash using FCPX and Compressor still. Whenever those are working/rendering, using certain other programs in any way while it's doing so causes a crash (Discord and Safari most frequently).

This is definitely nVidia driver related.

HS changed a lot under the hood in terms of graphics, nVidia probably hasn't done much work to optimize for that.

HS overall is very slow.

Same here. I used to get UI freezes before I swapped to the web driver. Now I boot in verbose mode to see if I can get more details, but it just flashes really fast and restarts loginwindow. All I managed to read was 'got a signal' and I've been grepping the log folders, and also used console but no results pop up. Console doesn't display anything before the loginwindow restarted, which is a bummer.

How can I log these crashes? How do I find out what exactly causes them?

I'm on 10.13.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back