CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
EVGA GTX960 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
hi guys,

after upgrade to High Sierra (using Lenovo M800 + GTX960), I've WindowServer keep restaring randomly with this error:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
StartTime:2017-10-31 10:29:27
GPU:NV
MetalDevice for accelerator(0x337f): 0x7fb0e7b14b78 (MTLDevice: 0x7fb0e90aac00)
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG0@1/IOPP/GFX0@0/NVDA,Display-D@3/NVDA
Assertion failed: (false && "10 seconds of continuous GPU Driver unreadiness, relaunching WindowServer"), function IMGGraphicsStackReadinessFailure, file /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/SkyLight/SkyLight-312/SkyLight/Server/Windows/Updater.cc, line 3052.

I've updated to latest NVDriver 378.10.10.10.15.121 but this seem to have make worse the situation..

Any hints?

Common problem on High Sierra! I guess it’s related to Metal which is still half baked product probably. Definitely requires some work around. Don’t know any solutions yet.

same here on my desktop system with GTX970! only since upgrading to 10.13.x - very frustrating! wondering if it's only maxwell cards affected? haven't seen pascal reports yet

This appears to only affect Maxwell cards, I've upgraded to a GTX 1070 TI and haven't had a crash for two days...

I believe I'm having the same problem. Running on a GTX 960, hoping to upgrade to a Pascal card soon though, so hopefully this will fix in case no workaround is found. Keeps restarting somewhat randomly while working in FCPX.

same here on my desktop system with GTX970! only since upgrading to 10.13.x - very frustrating! wondering if it's only maxwell cards affected? haven't seen pascal reports yet

Absolutely zero issues here with a GTX 970 in 10.13.X.

Absolutely zero issues here with a GTX 970 in 10.13.X.

Curious indeed, there's a thread over on nvidia's site about this too. Mind sharing your config.plist ?

Curious indeed, there's a thread over on nvidia's site about this too. Mind sharing your config.plist ?

Here you go.

I have removed the serial numbers and UUID, it's pretty basic though. For KEXT, currently I am using the Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext but only because I am using the AppleALC.kext to get audio working since the CloverALC method is not working properly with 10.13.2. With Lilu.kext installed and without NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, I do not get acceleration. I can boot fine without either of them installed though and do not have any issues either way.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 284
Here you go.

I have removed the serial numbers and UUID, it's pretty basic though. For KEXT, currently I am using the Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext but only because I am using the AppleALC.kext to get audio working since the CloverALC method is not working properly with 10.13.2. With Lilu.kext installed and without NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, I do not get acceleration. I can boot fine without either of them installed though and do not have any issues either way.

Thank you for sharing, taking a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back