Contribute
Register

Will this work with SL? Need quick answer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD3H, OS X 10.7.5
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I wonder if I can install SL with this build, I know it will work in ML but I´m not sure about SL, and I have to do SL before ML.

Mobo: GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3

CPU: i5 2500k

CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual fan edition

8GB(1x8) Corsair Vengeance RAM

DVD: Sony Optiarc AD-7280S

Seagate Barracude 1TB SATA-3

Case: Fractal Design Define Design R3 Arctic White

PSU: Corsair HX750

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I wonder if I can install SL with this build, I know it will work in ML but I´m not sure about SL, and I have to do SL before ML.

Mobo: GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3

CPU: i5 2500k

CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual fan edition

8GB(1x8) Corsair Vengeance RAM

DVD: Sony Optiarc AD-7280S

Seagate Barracude 1TB SATA-3

Case: Fractal Design Define Design R3 Arctic White

PSU: Corsair HX750

Thanks in advance.

DamperLullz
Item 1 yes this is a suitable MB for SL - see this -http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/58113-10-6-8-ga-z68x-ud3h-b3-f12-need-guidace.html
Item 2 yes this is a suitable CPU for SL w some exceptions - you need to use a command switch PCIRootUID=0 among others & HD3000 GFX is not supported if @ all
Item 3 yes this is a suitable coller for SL but it is Irrelevant as SL has no concerns about a cooler.
Item 4 yes this is a suitable GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual fan edition - but do note that a lot of users have had issues w getting this GFX to work w QE/CI
Item 5 yes this is a suitable Ram Dimm for SL but U need a 4GB Dimm per install or use the command switch maxmem=4096 ( suggest 2 4GB dims)
Item 5 MAYBE ok for SL - reason is version of HD and native support for 4k sectors as SL likes only 512K sectors; the 4 k sector drives gets dreaded Booth0 error.
what works better is an older smaller GB size drive say 500 GB. Even better for dual boot W7 on 1TB and SL on 500GB.
Item 6 No - Case: Fractal Design Define Design R3 Arctic White - SL is happier w a cardboard box but this will work and its a very nice case .....LOL
Item 7 Actually its overkill if this is the 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply You could run two Hackintosh w this.

See this link for some tags on this MB http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/58113-10-6-8-ga-z68x-ud3h-b3-f12-need-guidace.html

Tonys guide - list 10.6 as a separate link follow it http://www.tonymacx86.com/43-simplest-mac-os-x-installation-guide.html

You will need a USB stick and follow this for instructions - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
read the guide (several times) get the tools - dsdt file as well - make the cd have the legal OSX SL install DVD not a restore DVD from (gray cover) some MBP.
set up the bios per instructions.

As this web-link was written and posted before your hardware was announced we need to follow a modified install as done by jester9969
When you do the deed this is the route you want to take
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

If you have a KP or a halt take picture and smile and post as an attachment - also update your signature so we see the hardware case not important nor PSU

Thank you!

DamperLullz

If you have a KP or a halt take pictures and post as an attachment - don't forget to smile!

Good Luck

PPS Also update your Signature Block to include the componets that we are using - case nd PWS is not needed.

Damn it, I´m having a KP when trying to boot into SL after the install.

DamperLullz

You did follow this modded install -
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number

Not sure if you used any startup commands during the install - if so please state what you typed.

Also in step 6 when you have finished your selection in MultiBeast and that included SYSTEM UTILITIES sellect all options (very important)

When you are re-booting - we need to interrupt the boot up from the boot loader ( sliding white bar) by pressing the space bar
and enter some command lines
these are -v -f
so we see what is happing on screen (-v) and we dont load any older kexts that are in cached starup files (-f)
You could try these again - now - w the panic you are having to see it you get to a desktop.

Also what version of the 10.6.8 combo update file did you use ... there is a version 1.1

Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/05/bootloader-acpi-flags-while-darwin-bootloader/

This is from 2008 some of these have changed but it still a good read,
http://news.metaparadigma.de/osx86-flags-and-parameters-for-darwin-bootloader-104/

Take pictures - smile and post back as an attachment plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back