Contribute
Register

Will these specs work for at least a High Sierra build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Desktop p6046sc, MSI Boston (MS-7525)
CPU
E8400
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CPU
Intel Pentium E5200 @ 2.50GHz : 37 ° C Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM
4,00GB Dual - Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz ( 6-6-6-18 )

Motherboard
MSI Boston ( Socket 775 ) : 35 ° C

Graphics
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 ( MSI ) : 49 ° C

Spend a little more money and get a Core Two Duo E8400 CPU. Ebay has thousands of them for sale at dirt cheap prices. $4.03 right now.

I don't know if the GT 120 works with HS as I've never owned one. You can also upgrade that if it doesn't work. The GT 710 DDR3 version works well with HS.

Cool! But will my specs work for any hack build of OS X?

Only if you do the upgrade. Apple never used Pentium CPUs in any Mac.

Spend a little more money and get a Core Two Duo E8400 CPU. Ebay has thousands of them for sale at dirt cheap prices. $4.03 right now.

I don't know if the GT 120 works with HS as I've never owned one. You can also upgrade that if it doesn't work. The GT 710 DDR3 version works well with HS.

Only if you do the upgrade. Apple never used Pentium CPUs in any Mac.
Ok! Thanks. Will the other specs work fine with that cpu you recommended then and then I’m fit to go?

Ok! Thanks. Will the other specs work fine with that cpu you recommended then and then I’m fit to go?
The GT120 is a really old card (11 yrs.) IDK if it's supported in High Sierra. Do some research to find out.

The GT120 is a really old card (11 yrs.) IDK if it's supported in High Sierra. Do some research to find out.

I also have this:

NVidia GeForce 9500GT 512MB PCI-E x16 128-bit HDMI DVI VGA MS-V133

I’m not trying to build an awesome hackintosh here. Just want to try it out in hardware I don’t care too much about to get the experience.

NVidia GeForce 9500GT 512MB PCI-E x16 128-bit HDMI DVI VGA MS-V133
Thats a year older than the GT 120. Try each one and find out from direct experience ok ?

Thats a year older than the GT 120. Try each one and find out from direct experience ok ?
By direct experience, do you mean from trying to create a hackintosh? Sorry, English is not my native tongue. I have used both with the above specs for just Win 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back