Contribute
Register

Will my PC work with High Sierra? New to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSIZ77-MAG45
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960 4gb
Good day everyone! I am interested in turning my PC into a hackintosh and I am willing to learn. But first I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is there a risk that this would hard brick my BIOS chip? I mean I don't want that happening since installing MacOS requires fiddling with the Bios/UEFI

2. Can I log into my Hackintosh using my real Apple ID? will Apple ban me for using a Hackintosh?

3. What are the main issues I would run in doing this? I have Realtek Audio drivers... and I've read that this won't work?

4. Can I install High Sierra on my third separate Hard drive? I have windows 10 pro 64bit currently installed.

5. Will future Windows Update mess up my boot loader?

6. I have Razer gaming peripherals as well, I've read that Razer Synapse software has issues but older versions would work?

7. What are the things that I should do and NOT DO during the installation process?

My RIG:
intel Core i7 3770k at 3.9ghz turbo clocked
Msi-Z77MAG45 gaming motherboard
16gb DDR3 RAM @1600 Mhz
Asus Strix GTX 960 4GB OC

Additional note: my cousin has a macbook 2016 and I can download the OS from there. Also I think my Rig is similar to the iMac 13.1?

Good day everyone! I am interested in turning my PC into a hackintosh and I am willing to learn. But first I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is there a risk that this would hard brick my BIOS chip? I mean I don't want that happening since installing MacOS requires fiddling with the Bios/UEFI

2. Can I log into my Hackintosh using my real Apple ID? Will Apple ban me for using a Hackintosh?

3. What are the main issues I would run in doing this? I have Realtek Audio drivers... and I've read that this won't work?

4. Can I install High Sierra on my third separate Hard drive? I have windows 10 pro 64bit currently installed.

5. Will future Windows Update mess up my boot loader?

6. I have Razer gaming peripherals as well, I've read that Razer Synapse software has issues but older versions would work?

7. What are the things that I should do and NOT DO during the installation process?

My RIG:
intel Core i7 3770k at 3.9ghz turbo clocked
Msi-Z77MAG45 gaming motherboard
16gb DDR3 RAM @1600 Mhz
Asus Strix GTX 960 4GB OC

Additional note: my cousin has a macbook 2016 and I can download the OS from there. Also I think my Rig is similar to the iMac 13.1?

(1) No need to worry about that.

(3) What do you mean by "I have Realtek Audio Drivers"?

(4) Of course you can. In fact the general recommendation is to install MacOS and Windows on separate hard drives.

(5) Who knows what Microsoft will do with the Windows updates? If something in future Windows updates mess up the bootloader I won't be surprised since I don't think Microsoft wants (or expects) you to run other operating systems on your computer. But I have not heard of such things so far.

(7) I suppose you will download MacOS from your cousin's Macbook and make your MacOS bootable USB stick (with the Clover bootloader) from there for use on your PC as well? If so, please be absolutely certain that you do not use that USB stick to try to boot your cousin's Macbook, as that may cause the Macbook to malfunction and be unable to boot.

Your PC should be able to run Yosemite (10.10) or later, including the current High Sierra. But since you are going to download MacOS from your cousin's Macbook, I suppose High Sierra is what you will get.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-do-a-clean-macos-high-sierra-install.233191/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-on-a-real-mac-can-be-dangerous.229629/

(1) No need to worry about that.

(3) What do you mean by "I have Realtek Audio Drivers"?

(4) Of course you can. In fact the general recommendation is to install MacOS and Windows on separate hard drives.

(5) Who knows what Microsoft will do with the Windows updates? If something in future Windows updates mess up the bootloader I won't be surprised since I don't think Microsoft wants (or expects) you to run other operating systems on your computer. But I have not heard of such things so far.

(7) I suppose you will download MacOS from your cousin's MacBook and make your MacOS bootable USB stick (with the Clover bootloader) from there for use on your PC as well? If so, please be absolutely certain that you do not use that USB stick to try to boot your cousin's Macbook, as that may cause the Macbook to malfunction and be unable to boot.

Your PC should be able to run Yosemite (10.10) or later, including the current High Sierra. But since you are going to download MacOS from your cousin's Macbook, I suppose High Sierra is what you will get.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-do-a-clean-macos-high-sierra-install.233191/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-on-a-real-mac-can-be-dangerous.229629/

3) Well, my audio drivers are from Realtek if I am not mistaken but maybe audio should work out of the box? since some reported audio issues.

4) Thank God I am planning on dual boots

7) Yes, this is the exact thing I am trying to do by following a Youtube video tutorial... actually that is one of the risky parts as well of creating that bootable USB stick and I hope I don't mess things up for my cousin's macbook lol

Also my biggest problem is these razer peripherals... hmm maybe I Should just download the old Razer software that supported MacOS way back

3) Well, my audio drivers are from Realtek if I am not mistaken but maybe audio should work out of the box? since some reported audio issues.

4) Thank God I am planning on dual boots

7) Yes, this is the exact thing I am trying to do by following a Youtube video tutorial... actually that is one of the risky parts as well of creating that bootable USB stick and I hope I don't mess things up for my cousin's macbook lol

Also my biggest problem is these razer peripherals... hmm maybe I Should just download the old Razer software that supported MacOS way back

(3) Those drivers are most likely Windows drivers and you cannot use them in MacOS. I am not sure if the audio will work after installing MacOS.

(3) Those drivers are most likely Windows drivers and you cannot use them in MacOS. I am not sure if the audio will work after installing MacOS.
one last question... before I push through with this project next month. I noticed that using Clover, it will definitely alter the UEFI/BIOS order by overwriting the Windows bootloader. How can I restore the Windows bootloader? I've read some tips online regarding a similar issue wherein people who dual booted Linux using Grub [whatever the hell that is] and even after completely wiping their drives... it still remains in the UEFI boot-up. So how do I completely wipe Clover clean and restore windows bootloader default if ever I decide to go back?

one last question... before I push through with this project next month. I noticed that using Clover, it will definitely alter the UEFI/BIOS order by overwriting the Windows bootloader. How can I restore the Windows bootloader? I've read some tips online regarding a similar issue wherein people who dual booted Linux using Grub [whatever the hell that is] and even after completely wiping their drives... it still remains in the UEFI boot-up. So how do I completely wipe Clover clean and restore windows bootloader default if ever I decide to go back?
Windows will be more than happy to do so if you do a clean install.. or if it feels the need to do so during an unwanted update.. or if the moon is in the right phase and it feels you no longer need this grub or clover thing.. and worst comes to worst there is a command you can run off a boot usb to do so. Basically don't sweat it - it's not going to brick your box or anything. You might in worst case have to make a USB stick (with a freely downloadable Windows util) and tell your BIOS/UEFI to boot off it and have that make your boot block boot Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back