Contribute
Register

Will my build work? (Newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey everyone, Im new to all of this Hackintosh stuff and am looking to build one. I have a knowledgable friend but was wondering if you guys to proof check the components I am looking at so far. I am on a budget (I'm only 15) but am a keen editor on software such as: Cinema 4d, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Boujou, Adobe Premiere Pro etc.

I am looking at:

Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77-DS3H Motherboard - £68.93

TP Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
- £31.07 (I might not get this... any help on wether it's worth it?)

A
sus Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
- £93.54
OR
Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Nvidia Graphics Card - £116.98
(Which one should I get?)

Powercool 750W PSU
- £45 I have heard 750W is overkill but this isnt expensive...

SanDisk 64GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive
- £46.77

Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive - £72.30

Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Mid Tower ATX Case - £69.99

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU - £171.14 - Its overclockable and decent... Not too expensive either as CPU's go?

LiteOn IHAS122-18 22x Internal SATA DVD-RW
- £12.50

Zalman CNPS10X-PERFORM​A CPU Cooler - £26.95

Corsair 16GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Memory
- £79.99

Any help on compatibilty etc will be greatly appreciated and anything I can reduce the price of and still get good performance will also be gratefully recieved. I am hoping to run Parallels too so I can use Sony Vegas and hopefully play CoD 4...
I have a version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard which I will hopefully install (If it has been used, will it work again?) otherwise I could purchase Mountain Lion or something.

Thanks! :D

okay, so my graphics card wont work with snow leopard but if i use mountain lion, they will be fine?
plus, i bought the disc to upgrade my mac's os

As for the GPU I would get the Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti if you can from what I understand the Ti version's are better but I have not been back with Nvidia for very long so I can't say for sure as I have been with AMD since my 7800GS(AGP) died a few years ago. I just went back with Nvidia for my Hackintosh build as there was no support for my Sapphire HD 7950(maybe with 10.8.3).

I know that my Gigabyte GTX 670 works great with ML even with my 3x Asus 27" monitors. Good choose on the CPU though I really like the way mine turned out I am using the same CPU on a Asus Z77 Sabertooth motherboard though.

That sounds cool, it says you have windows 8, how does it compare to windows 7?

I would also go with the 650ti as that is what I used in my build. It all looks good compatibilty wise so you should be good there. However, you said you want to run parallels. I would personally dual boot windows especially if you are going to play cod 4 or any ither game as a virtual machine will not handle it very well. Sony vegas should also work better if you dual boot.

Would it really make that much of a difference? because for me it would be really quite inconvenient to have to dual boot every time...

Sorry for such the long delay, and YES! It will be a HUGE difference. I know it is EXTREMELY inconvenient as I do that as well. It is definitely a lot better performance wise as you can get the use of all of your machine. Otherwise you are going to have horrendous input lag for gaming and video editing.

Really?okay, ill think about that, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back