Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,:)
I just bought a Toshiba z830.
I want to install Snow Leopard on it and then upgrade to Mountain Lion.
Will Os x work on my laptop?
I saw the guide how to install and i wan't to place an order on Snow Leopard if my system is compatible.
Do you have some advice for me? I'm new to this

Thank you

Toshiba Portege z830-128 Ultrabook
Core i3-2377M
2048MB ON BOARD RAM 1333MHZ/+2048MB so it's 4GB RAM
128GB SSD mSATA
13.3INCH HD LED

Hello,:)
I just bought a Toshiba z830.
I want to install Snow Leopard on it and then upgrade to Mountain Lion.
Will Os x work on my laptop?
I saw the guide how to install and i wan't to place an order on Snow Leopard if my system is compatible.
Do you have some advice for me? I'm new to this

Thank you

Toshiba Portege z830-128 Ultrabook
Core i3-2377M
2048MB ON BOARD RAM 1333MHZ/+2048MB so it's 4GB RAM
128GB SSD mSATA
13.3INCH HD LED

It should work as it is Sandy Bridge/HD3000 laptop. You should read this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

I jusr saw your post. Thank you. I just bought Snow Leopard and will try to install it tomorrow. :)

Hello.
i have tried everything, but every time after i install update 10.6.8 i get stuck at the apple logo/grey screen. Question: do i need to install the update? Or can i just upgrade to mountain lion?
thanks

Hello.
i have tried everything, but every time after i install update 10.6.8 i get stuck at the apple logo/grey screen. Question: do i need to install the update? Or can i just upgrade to mountain lion?
thanks

What is your end-goal?

When you updated to 10.6.8, did you use UpdateHelper first?
And for HD3000 on SL, you have to use a special device-properties string. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...lling-snow-leopard-hp-probook.html#post577828

I used UpdateHelper.
My end goal is to have my toshiba run mac os x. For everyday use. Web browsing, watching movies, using it at the university.

Do I need this update in order to upgrade to mountain lion?

I used UpdateHelper.
My end goal is to have my toshiba run mac os x. For everyday use. Web browsing, watching movies, using it at the university.

Do I need this update in order to upgrade to mountain lion?

What version of OS X is your end-goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back