CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first build so I'm looking for a bit of advice. When I first tried to boot using Chimera I had a hard time. After researching more about my hardware I found some forum posts (linked below) that detail a slightly different method for getting the system to boot. It worked with my current build but honestly I'm not sure how or why. I am having an issue where my Apple ID doesn't work, in system preferences I get the error message saying "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account." but I know it is because it works on my phone perfectly. I am considering using Clover as a boot loader instead of Chimera in order to resolve the Apple ID problem but because of the extra hassle I went through getting my computer to boot originally I am concerned about weather or not switching to Clover is a good idea or even possible.

SPBaller's Build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/149666-success-spballers-build-ga-z97x-gaming-gt-i7-4790k-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-sc.html

If there is anyone who knows more about the boot method I used or about the compatibility of clover with my system, please advice. Also where should I begin in terms of learning about Clover and how to optimize it for my build?

Thank you.
-MichaelZeta11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back