2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't suppose anyone has BS running on a GA-Z170N-WIFI do they? I realise it's getting quite old now, but I'd like to know if it's possible!

I don't suppose anyone has BS running on a GA-Z170N-WIFI do they? I realise it's getting quite old now, but I'd like to know if it's possible!

Smooth update on my Skylake build with OC 0.6.3...

Smooth update on my Skylake build with OC 0.6.3...
That's good to know!

I'm currently Clover with 10.15.7, so it looks like a bit of work to move across (unless someone with similar hardware has an EFI they're happy to share ;-) ).

That's good to know!

I'm currently Clover with 10.15.7, so it looks like a bit of work to move across (unless someone with similar hardware has an EFI they're happy to share ;-) ).
According to your profile, you're actually running a Kaby Lake CPU in a Skylake MB/chipset.

According to your profile, you're actually running a Kaby Lake CPU in a Skylake MB/chipset.
Whoops — my mistake, should be i5-6600K, I'll fix it.

Further to the above, I've successfully installed Big Sur with OC with the one remaining issue is sorting out WiFI/Bluetooth on the Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 card…

Would you please share your config? I am having hard time getting Big Sur to work with OC 0.6.4 - I have the same board and i5-6600K Skylake as yours. My only difference is RX 560 card. Every time I go to start install Mac OS from the boot many, I get a screen flicker and it dies there. Thanks in advance!

Whoops — my mistake, should be i5-6600K, I'll fix it.

Further to the above, I've successfully installed Big Sur with OC with the one remaining issue is sorting out WiFI/Bluetooth on the Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 card…

Would you please share your config plist? I am having hard time getting Big Sur to work with OC 0.6.4 - I have the same board and i5-6600K Skylake as yours. My only difference is RX 560 card. Every time I go to start install Mac OS from the boot many, I get a screen flicker and it dies there. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone.
Quite similar config here Z170N-Wifi/6600k/RX580, I'm currently reading several guides to build my OC6.4 EFI folder, in order to install Big Sur on a new SSD. So far I have prepared my EFI folder with the drivers, ssdt, kexts... but some guidance would be appreciated for the config.plist part, especially to configure HD530 properly in headless mode, or why not, identify some other necessary configurations. @pit512 would you share you EFI folder, or at least the important points?

Hello everyone.
Quite similar config here Z170N-Wifi/6600k/RX580, I'm currently reading several guides to build my OC6.4 EFI folder, in order to install Big Sur on a new SSD. So far I have prepared my EFI folder with the drivers, ssdt, kexts... but some guidance would be appreciated for the config.plist part, especially to configure HD530 properly in headless mode, or why not, identify some other necessary configurations. @pit512 would you share you EFI folder, or at least the important points?

Here you go...

Remember you will have to fill your own SN, UUID, MLB and ROM.

The MSR BIOS setting needs to be unlocked with this config.plist.

Boot argument agdpmod=pikera is not needed for you RX 580.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.6.3 Z170X pit.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back