Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason bluetooth is not really working. it connects to the desired device (iPhone) but only for a couple of seconds and then it disconnects again. don't know why. maybe because in the country code option I chose "DE" (for Germany) even though I am actually in Austria
Country Code is for Wi-Fi not for bluetooth. iPhones generally won't stay connected to Mac's but is part of Apple's handoff configuration.
but one thing I'd like to achieve is audio output from the motherboard to a 5.1 sound system. do I have to install the "audio_cloverALC-110.command" that you mentioned in post #306 to "Wolfie81"?
OR does this interfere with the installed HDMI audio from your main guide? Because HDMI audio works like a charm and I really don't want to break it. any suggestions? :)
HDMI audio and onboard audio won't interfere with each other when using CloverHDMI and CloverALC. Mount your EFI partition, download and run CloverALC answering y/n questions, before closing Terminal save the script output incase there is no audio when you restart or the script exits before it completes. This will give you an indication if something is wrong with your configuration.

Country Code is for Wi-Fi not for bluetooth. iPhones generally won't stay connected to Mac's but is part of Apple's handoff configuration.
okay didn't know that. I have undone the BT/Wi-Fi part for now because it's not really necessary to me. I'll maybe give it a try at another time.

HDMI audio and onboard audio won't interfere with each other when using CloverHDMI and CloverALC. Mount your EFI partition, download and run CloverALC answering y/n questions, before closing Terminal save the script output incase there is no audio when you restart or the script exits before it completes. This will give you an indication if something is wrong with your configuration.
I installed Multibeast again (with your Z170 preset) and also ran the cloverHDMI script again. and now the audio suddenly works :) both of them, HDMI audio on my TV and onboard audio on my 5.1 sound system. the only weird thing is that in System Preferences/Sound I have to click the "internal speakers" option instead of "line out". but whatever, it works great.
I now think I have a - for my needs - fully functioning system. (I hope.)

I know this build doesn't say anything about working onboard graphics output, but did you by now somehow managed to get it working? or is this entirely not possible with this build? was just wondering. right now the HDMI port on the motherboard gives me no picture. is it the same on your build?
Edit: oh right, it isn't even installed during the Multibeast part (Customize > Graphics Config > Intel HD 530). just saw that now. sorry my bad. but did you install the Intel HD530 with Multibeast and does it give you working HDMI output?

thanks,
greetings

Last edited:
I know this build doesn't say anything about working onboard graphics output, but did you by now somehow managed to get it working? or is this entirely not possible with this build? was just wondering. right now the HDMI port on the motherboard gives me no picture. is it the same on your build?
Edit: oh right, it isn't even installed during the Multibeast part (Customize > Graphics Config > Intel HD 530). just saw that now. sorry my bad. but did you install the Intel HD530 with Multibeast and does it give you working HDMI output?
Hi stan99,
Yes you can get Intel HD530 working, either the DP or HDMI port works once you get HD530 set up. I don't use it on this system. I have multi-monitor using the GTX970 and the Intel HD530 graphics switched off. MultiBeast will install a 4th display patch and add the correct ig-platform-id(0x19120000) to your config.plist. When I test HD530 I set the BIOS up as below.

Advanced > (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > IGPU.
Advanced > (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled.

Let me know how it works out for you. Happy to help.

Hi guys, Im going to try enable the native bluetooth/wifi and tried to follow the guide for it but Im stuck trying to find the kexts. Ive downloaded the linked folder from rehabMan from the first page but I can't see any kexts in any folders for these
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRam2.kext
Im lost?

Thank you

Hi guys, Im going to try enable the native bluetooth/wifi and tried to follow the guide for it but Im stuck trying to find the kexts. Ive downloaded the linked folder from rehabMan from the first page but I can't see any kexts in any folders for these
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRam2.kext
Im lost?

Thank you
Links for the kexts are in the README of the first page you visit from the link in my mini guide in Post#1. Download and use the latest version, the download folder will contain the release versions.

I am injoing my hackintosh build. However, every so often, I will get black screen and "q code 55, no memory installed".

Links for the kexts are in the README of the first page you visit from the link in my mini guide in Post#1. Download and use the latest version, the download folder will contain the release versions.

Thanks wild willow... I tried to have a quick play last night but didn't quite work out.

When i ran the script, some IO bluetooth kext files were placed on my desktop. I didn't know what to do with these or why they appeared. You made no mention of it in your guide. Also, when you say /L/E does that mean S/L/E or just library extensions?

I managed to get WIFI working and bluetooth recognised my devices, but failed to well.... bluetooth. Ill try again in the next few days as I may have stuffed things up due to these unexpected kexts appearing on my desktop and placing them somewhere where they weren't supposed to be.

Finally, this is purely out of interests sake, but do you need to re patch on every point update?

Thanks.

Last edited:
When i ran the script, some IO bluetooth kext files were placed on my desktop. I didn't know what to do with these or why they appeared. You made no mention of it in your guide. Also, when you say /L/E does that mean S/L/E or just library extensions?
These would be the native kexts from /System/Library/Extensions - duplicated and the patched kext remain in the correct directory. /L/E is Library/Extensions not S..../L/E.

I managed to get WIFI working and bluetooth recognised my devices, but failed to well.... bluetooth. Ill try again in the next few days as I may have stuffed things up due to these unexpected kexts appearing on my desktop and placing them somewhere where they weren't supposed to be.

Finally, this is purely out of interests sake, but do you need to re patch on every point update?
You don't have to install these kexts from your desktop anywhere only place them in a safe place. When patching kexts directly it is best practice to back up the original, this is what toleda's script does. Yes you need to run the script for 5Ghz wifi after each point update.

Quick method:
1. Run the update/combo update if you've multiple systems - auto restarts.
2. Boot with nv_disable=1 as the nvidia drivers are outdated.
3. At the desktop open System Preferences > Nvidia driver manager and update the drivers. Restart required.
4. Whilst updating or installing the web drivers. Run the wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0.command.zip and if you're using iMac17,1 as I am disable the board-id in AGDP.kext. (config2 to none) or run the AGDPfix app here Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition
5. Restart thats it....

Thank you for this guide. Very nice read.

My question: Does anybody share this problem:
When WiFi is on and I'm downloading something, my bluetooth apple magic mouse stutters like crazy..

and is there any way to get bluetooth working in bios and/or the boot menu?

Thank you for this guide. Very nice read.

My question: Does anybody share this problem:
When WiFi is on and I'm downloading something, my bluetooth apple magic mouse stutters like crazy..

and is there any way to get bluetooth working in bios and/or the boot menu?

I don't know about connection with wifi, but my bluetooth trackpad and keyboard were affected by bad bloutooth connection(stutters). It happens when I connect other devices to USB ports. It's the same in Windows too. And it's my second motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back