Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, but the reason why I've made you so many questions is that I have still lot of troubles, as you can read here .
I'm sure once shilohh gets settled he'll be able to assist you with your issue.
FYI, your motherboard doesn't support native NVRAM, this can be achieved installing EmuVariableUefi-64 and Install RC scripts on target volume from the Clover Installer.
For any other queries please post in the Desktop Support Forum as this discussion is off topic for this build description. I'll try and assist there, simply as users can get confused reading off topic posts.

Thank you for the reply. Actually Windows boots fine from bios (I hadn't thought to use F8 to choose the boot drive, I'm still learning) and that may be all the solution I need. It's after clover boot loader is up that I can't get windows to boot. I end up with three windows drives to choose from ( there are actually only 2 on the system and only one is a boot drive for windows) and if I pick any of them or exit out of clover the system freezes (actually if I exit out of clover windows will sometimes boot up but usually not.) Anyway, not really a problem now that I have a path to boot to windows.

I'm sure once shilohh gets settled he'll be able to assist you with your issue.
FYI, your motherboard doesn't support native NVRAM, this can be achieved installing EmuVariableUefi-64 and Install RC scripts on target volume from the Clover Installer.
For any other queries please post in the Desktop Support Forum as this discussion is off topic for this build description. I'll try and assist there, simply as users can get confused reading off topic posts.

Thanks! Still regarding your build, I've noticed that you have not ticked the "KernelPM" flag in Clover, why? Asus BIOS has been modded?

Hey guys...
Just upping an issue I still haven't resolved. Would be great if you guys can test on your systems.

I can get my system to sleep/wake normally except when I have an iPhone/iPad connected and charging. In this case sometimes it will sleep normally, other times it will sleep for a second and then wake up, then eventually go back to sleep properly.

I haven't been able to nut out this issue at all. Maybe I'm missing something in clover or BIOS? I've got wake on lan disabled in bios as well as network access off in energy preferences.
Thank you for your time.

I do get wake reason: GLAN XHC HDEF (network).

Still regarding your build, I've noticed that you have not ticked the "KernelPM" flag in Clover, why? Asus BIOS has been modded?
No its not been modified, the MSR registers for power management are UN-locked with this motherboard, one thing for sure is that, if you get the recommended hardware from the Asus QVL, yes recommended. Follow the guides and tutorials from this thread/website, read the guides. Everything is working with this set-up. It is documented in Post#1. Sleep, PM, Restart/Shutdown works.

Can't get my apple SuperDrive to work. I even bought inateck USB3 pcie card with power, still no luck.
Did you try testing with the ASMedia ports or do you still have those disabled? I don't have a Super Drive I can test. Do you still receive the same error about USB power using the PCIe USB card?

Did you try testing with the ASMedia ports or do you still have those disabled? I don't have a Super Drive I can test. Do you still receive the same error about USB power using the PCIe USB card?
I tried asmedia ports(with charging enabled in uefi). No message from asmedia ports. I get error(power) message from Intel and FL1100 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back