Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'H' boards are not designed for overclocking where as the 'Z' boards are, this making them cheaper.

Anyone tried to update to 10.11.5?. Any problems besides updating nvidia drivers?.

Anyone tried to update to 10.11.5?. Any problems besides updating nvidia drivers?.

Yes, I updated earlier and had no problems other than updating to the latest Nvidia drivers. Once you reboot the Nvidia driver manager will ask you to update or see here NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers On the reboot use nv_disable=1. I had to run toleda's script for 5GHz wifi. Super easy update indeed.

Last edited:
Well, it wont work for me. I update to 11.10.5, then update the nvidia web driver and when rebooting it gives an error "preference panel has blocked rebooting". It reboots despite that but then the driver does not work. I can only see graphics with nv_disable=1. Thank god I have a backup drive ;).

Maybe I have the "Problem 4: Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition" described in the Nvidia install problems post?. But if I have it, why did it work on 10.11.4?

Last edited:
Maybe I have the "Problem 4: Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition" described in the Nvidia install problems post?. But if I have it, why did it work on 10.11.4?

You'll need to fix AGDP as you did when you installed. Its mandatory using these system definitions, even with HD530 to get more than one monitor to work it has become necessary. There are more graphics chips being affected with Apple's strict graphics policy in similar ways, AMD gets the black screen after sleep where as Nvidia gets its at the end of boot.

I've not seen Preference Panel has blocked booting, unless it thought it was still updating when you clicked restart, pretty sure you can get 10.11.5 running without having to fall back to 10.11.4.

Yes, that was it: I forgot to use the AGDP fix app. Now working fine on 10.11.5 :thumbup:

I have now finished my build (10.11.5). The case is from my old G5. I modified it with parts from Laser Hive.

I did not try iMessage, but everything I need runs fine.

A special thank to wildwillow and all other contributors.

Attachments

• G5-1.gif
    G5-1.gif
    329.6 KB · Views: 244
  • G5-2.gif
    G5-2.gif
    375 KB · Views: 234
  • G5--3.gif
    G5--3.gif
    541.9 KB · Views: 241
I have now finished my build (10.11.5). The case is from my old G5. I modified it with parts from Laser Hive.
I did not try iMessage, but everything I need runs fine.
A special thank to wildwillow and all other contributors.
Congrats gib8 and you're welcome,
Good to hear that everything you need is running ok. Thats a nice, clean G5 Case indeed.

that's an awesome guide, wildwillow !! thank you for sharing it :)
I'm currently looking through stable builds here in the forum, so I can build my first hackintosh soon.

I was wondering if you already found out why you get the odd slow sleep/wake?
is otherwise everything else still working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back