Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I tried ssdt usb, I just copied everything from guide, and after reboot my system lost connection with all input devices, so I just reinstalled system again. I tried to install everything in one go(excluding hdmi audio and ssdt usb). I got q code A0 and my system was stuck on apple with progress bar.

Last edited:
Open config.plist on the EFI partition with Clover Configurator and followed you guide and entered Comment : Change HDAS to HDEF: FIND : 48444153:REPLACE : 48444546. What do these numbers mean? Where do you get them?

In the 100 series motherboard DSDT's, HDEF has been changed to HDAS. So to enable audio we need to change HDAS to HDEF. The numbers are a conversion from Ascii to Hex, HDAS converted is 48444153. HDEF is 48444546. This can then placed in the ACPI section/DSDT patches as you've done.

.My USB 3 pen drive didn't work on any port
-uia_exclude_ss disables Intel USB3, if you installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext all of your ASMedia rear USB ports should have worked.

probably something to do with bluetooth, magic keyboard and magic trackpad 2 only work if i put wifi/bt antenna right next to magic devices(need help of harry potter). if antenna located 1 meter away, courser becomes jumpy and VERY inaccurate and keyboard becomes unresponsive.
I've got my bluetooth trackpad connected and its about a meter away from the receiver. Its working as it should, a magic mouse may respond differently and that I can't test.

network interfaces mixed up, wifi called either and vice versa.(not a big problem, just annoying)
I'm not sure why this is the case, I tried to replicate it by removing the interfaces.plist but it displays them correctly. Try this, disconnect your wifi from the network, delete the plist and restart. See if ethernet is displayed correctly, then enable network connection via wifi.

I aso noticed that GPU fans ramp up for 3-5 seconds every 3-5 minutes during sleep.
I've not tested sleep in 10.11.4 and it is on my list of to do's. If the system is asleep it shouldn't wake at all. At this point I have no suggestions but after the weekend I'll test sleep.

When I tried ssdt usb, I just copied everything from guide, and after reboot my system lost connection with all input devices, so I just reinstalled system again.

You need to check your ports in IORegistry Explorer. Your 450D case has 2x USB 3, where as mine has 2x USB3 and 2 x USB2. The SSDT is injecting USB 2 and 3 that you won't have connected. Thats why I added a little guide and not just the SSDT.
Note: You don't have to reinstall when you make an adjustment to EFI/EFI folder, just boot with the UniBeast installer, mount your installation drives EFI partition, remove the last thing you did that prevented boot. Restart and boot from installation drive.

-uia_exclude_ss disables Intel USB3, if you installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext all of your ASMedia rear USB ports should have worked.
I didn't try any ASMedia rear USB ports, but all other ports didn't see my USB3. But after installing older version of USBInjectAll.kext, everything worked(didn't check any ASMedia ports). So, maybe we should report it to RehabMan?

Can you check your EZ_XMP, EPU and TPU switches?
After switching them off, and not using any overlooking(optimisation) in bios, I didn't encounter any Q code 00(not in use) problems.

I only use XMP in bios to get my RAM to it's advertised speed.

Last edited:
The Intel Ports are supported, they are backwards compatible, USB 3.1/3.0/2/0. You'll need to raise the USB port limit or create an SSDT for accurate port use. I don't mind helping.

I read that early 2015 MacBook has the USB-C port and it supports data-transfer speeds at up to 5 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 1).

Does that mean that we will be able to use USB 3.1 devices on MSI Z170A Power Gaming Titanium motherboard?

Last edited:
I didn't try any ASMedia rear USB ports, but all other ports didn't see my USB3. But after installing older version of USBInjectAll.kext, everything worked(didn't check any ASMedia ports). So, maybe we should report it to RehabMan?

This will be due to the boot flag for the older kext not having any effect. The later version has done its job. If you want to connect a USB2 and USB3 thumb drive to each of your case USB 3 ports and jot down the Port and the port number that is connected in IOReg you can edit the SSDT to work properly with your system.

Can you check your EZ_XMP, EPU and TPU switches?
After switching them off, and not using any overlooking(optimisation) in bios, I didn't encounter any Q code 00(not in use) problems.

I only use XMP in bios to get my RAM to it's advertised speed.
I only use XMP for the memory too, but I've set my memory speed of 2666MHz in the BIOS as that is correct speed for my Gskill RAM.

I read that early 2015 MacBook has the USB-C port and it supports data-transfer speeds at up to 5 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 1).

Does that mean that we will be able to use USB 3.1 devices on MSI Z170A Power Gaming Titanium motherboard?
The Intel USB ports on the Asus Z170 Deluxe are USB 3.1 Type-A and work. We've 1 USB 3.1 Type-C ports on the rear which is ASMedia, it works with a USB 3.1 Type-C thumb drive that I bought to test.
I would assume that the Intel Type-C ports on the MSI Z170A PGT motherboard would also work, but I've not tested first hand with an Intel Type-C port as I've not got one yet.

If you want to connect a USB2 and USB3 thumb drive to each of your case USB 3 ports and jot down the Port and the port number that is connected in IOReg you can edit the SSDT to work properly with your system.

Can you explain me USB counting? Does USB3 ports counted as 2 ports and USB2 as one?

Can you explain me USB counting? Does USB3 ports counted as 2 ports and USB2 as one?

Yes
USB3 is 2 ports - HSXX=1 SSXX=1 Total=2 ports
USB2 is 1 port - HSXX=1

Have you got onboard devices shown in System Preferences/Sound>Outputs? if you have onboard devices shown select line out and use the Black port on the rear back panel of the motherboard.
Thanks Bro!!! u help me get my Audio Sorted... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back