Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing stands out as to why your system crashed, suggest to keep using it to gather more information if it happens again. The log above just looks like its going through the routine of normal shutdown.

What do you mean audio doesn't work without USB soundbar? Have you got speakers plugged into the Black line out port on the back of the motherboard? Optical connection?

Or do mean there are no Devices to choose from in System Preferences after running MultiBeast?

View attachment 186525
yes, I have no devices even after running multibeast.
Strange thing is that output devices appear after plugging in my usb soundbar and rebooting my system. And they counting to work even after I unplug soundbar, I tried both back and front 3.5 mm jacks. I am planning to get better speakers and sell my soundbar. So I don't want to rely on soundbar to get audio.

yes, I have no devices even after running multibeast.
Ok that makes more sense. Open your config.plist and check under ACPI/DSDT Patches :

Comment : rename HDAS to HDEF
Find : 48444153
Replace : 48444546

If the DSDT patch is there download audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip - Select Raw
Mount your EFI partition. Double click on the script and answer the questions (y/n).
Restart your system and check System Preferences/Sound/Outputs.

You're welcome, thats a lovely monitor. I was looking at it on the Dell website. Curved too. Paired up they look amazing. You've got yourself a great set up there.

Yeah - I am really happy with this setup, except for the fact that I have to turn the Dell monitor off and on during boot to Mac OS...
I think a pair of the Dells next to each other would be to wide for my taste. If I would need more real estate, I think I would stack one on top of the other instead.

Something weird happened today when I came home from work... Audio is working though the Realtek mini jacks, and I haven't uninstalled the windows drivers yet. Curious to see what happens once I install the windows M.2 SSD back in the slot.

Now onto the remaining part of your great guide: 5Gh WiFI & Bluetooth. Since I won't be connecting through HDMI, I guess there is no need for going through the HDMI Audio AppleHDA guide(?)

Yeah - I am really happy with this setup, except for the fact that I have to turn the Dell monitor off and on during boot to Mac OS...
I think a pair of the Dells next to each other would be to wide for my taste. If I would need more real estate, I think I would stack one on top of the other instead.

Something weird happened today when I came home from work... Audio is working though the Realtek mini jacks, and I haven't uninstalled the windows drivers yet. Curious to see what happens once I install the windows M.2 SSD back in the slot.

Now onto the remaining part of your great guide: 5Gh WiFI & Bluetooth. Since I won't be connecting through HDMI, I guess there is no need for going through the HDMI Audio AppleHDA guide(?)
Why do you have to switch the monitor off and on when you boot OS X? What happens? 2 of those monitors would be like looking into a double garage.
If OS X audio is working don't uninstall the Realtek driver, don't fix whats not broken.

Your Display Port supports HDMI audio. Simply follow the link to Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA Guide, download the script (CloverHDMI) called audio_cloverHDMI-110.command, Select Raw, Mount EFI partition run script(double click) and restart. It will do the SSDT installation for you.

The guide has many methods to activate HDMI audio and its well worth reading. Then if you're not going to use HDMI audio its up to you. I like to get my system as functional as I can and I very rarely use HDMI audio, I've an analog 2.1 Creative system I use. But just sometimes I can switch to HDMI audio if needs be.

I'll put the Wifi/Bluetooth guide up this evening, latest tomorrow morning, just note if it doesn't work for you all then the main guide has the answers and troubleshooting tips. Hopefully it will work.

I've added a small guide in the WiFi/Bluetooth section to enable 5GHz Wifi and working Bluetooth
See Post#1.

Hopefully these steps will work for your Asus Z170 Deluxe's combo card as they have for mine.
Let me know if I've missed a step.

Why do you have to switch the monitor off and on when you boot OS X? What happens?

Well the issue with the booting to black screen that made me use another DP output on the GFX turned out to be something likely with the Dell display. During boot I see the apple and the progress line for a very short while, then screen goes black and into power saving mode. Turning the display off/on gets me to the MAC OS login screen.

Your Display Port supports HDMI audio. Simply follow the link to Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA Guide, download the script (CloverHDMI) called audio_cloverHDMI-110.command, Select Raw, Mount EFI partition run script(double click) and restart. It will do the SSDT installation for you.
Oddly, this did not work. The script returns:
File: audio_cloverHDMI-110.command_v0.19 - BETA
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
No HDMI audio codec(s) detected, continue (y/n): y
HDMI audio codec(s)
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
rm: /tmp/HDEF.txt: No such file or directory

I'll put the Wifi/Bluetooth guide up this evening, latest tomorrow morning, just note if it doesn't work for you all then the main guide has the answers and troubleshooting tips. Hopefully it will work.

Great. I will take a look at that now.

Ive Asus z170 deluxe 6700k 32gb gtx970...

Will my latest bios 1702 with the latest el capitan version work on ur Guide build or will ive to downgrade my bois and osx version... will ur config.plist work on mine..

Well the issue with the booting to black screen that made me use another DP output on the GFX turned out to be something likely with the Dell display. During boot I see the apple and the progress line for a very short while, then screen goes black and into power saving mode. Turning the display off/on gets me to the MAC OS login screen.
Oddly, this did not work. The script returns:
Great. I will take a look at that now.

Thats a shame about your monitor, is there any way to disable or prolong connectivity power saving in the Dell menu?

Hold fire for HDMI audio, I've tested the script for HDMI on my GTX970 with the same result. I've let toleda know of this. Good luck with wifi and BT.

Ive Asus z170 deluxe 6700k 32gb gtx970...

Will my latest bios 1702 with the latest el capitan version work on ur Guide build or will ive to downgrade my bois and osx version... will ur config.plist work on mine..

Hi farid007,

Welcome to the forums,

Yes the latest BIOS 1702 is compatible with OS X El Capitan and the guide. I tested it only a few days ago for compatibility but haven't reported it in Post#1 yet. Thanks for reminding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back