Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ThomasVJ,

Installing the Realtek audio drivers in Windows breaks audio in OS X. You can uninstall the drivers and use the Windows drivers for audio. They don't break the installation of OS X only audio within OS X. Hope this helps.

Thx wildwillow. I will uninstall the drivers from Windows once I get the M.2 disk with Windows installed again.

I am trying to install El Capitan now for the third time using your guide. I ended up booting to a black a screen even with the Black Screen fix. This time I will try using another Mac model since I am installing OS X on to a normal SSD (Not M.2) - hopefully that will work.

Thx wildwillow. I will uninstall the drivers from Windows once I get the M.2 disk with Windows installed again.

I am trying to install El Capitan now for the third time using your guide. I ended up booting to a black a screen even with the Black Screen fix. This time I will try using another Mac model since I am installing OS X on to a normal SSD (Not M.2) - hopefully that will work.
It shouldn't make a difference whether you install on a SATA SSD or M.2 SSD. If you boot to black screen again, at the Clover boot menu hit space bar, navigate to Options/Boot Args and add -x nv_disable=1, this should bypass the graphics device policy and allow you to reach the desktop where you can install the alternate nvidia drivers. You will receive a little lag with unaccelerated graphics due to being in safe mode.

I have contact now. I changed the cabling from Displayport to HDMI on the GTX 980 TI to connect to the Dell U3415W (3440x1440).It works but with a refresh rate of only 30Hz. I need that 60Hz refresh rate through the Displayport. Any clues?

I have contact now. I changed the cabling from Displayport to HDMI on the GTX 980 TI to connect to the Dell U3415W (3440x1440).It works but with a refresh rate of only 30Hz. I need that 60Hz refresh rate through the Displayport. Any clues?
Looking at the specs of your 980TI, you've 3 DP's, are all of those returning a black screen at the desktop. Unfortunately I don't have a monitor with a resolution higher than 1920x1080. The DP's on my 970 all work in OS X but at this lower resolution. Is it possible for you to link up your system to an HD monitor to test the ports and cables. Other than that you could post in the Graphics Forum for further assistance.

Looking at the specs of your 980TI, you've 3 DP's, are all of those returning a black screen at the desktop. Unfortunately I don't have a monitor with a resolution higher than 1920x1080. The DP's on my 970 all work in OS X but at this lower resolution. Is it possible for you to link up your system to an HD monitor to test the ports and cables. Other than that you could post in the Graphics Forum for further assistance.

You are a good man wildwillow!
I just tried moving the DP cable to another port on the 980TI, and voila - a nice 3440x1440 display with a refresh rate of 60Hz.
Thank you!

You are a good man wildwillow!
I just tried moving the DP cable to another port on the 980TI, and voila - a nice 3440x1440 display with a refresh rate of 60Hz.
Thank you!
You're welcome, thats a lovely monitor. I was looking at it on the Dell website. Curved too. Paired up they look amazing. You've got yourself a great set up there.

I am doing fresh install of 10.11.4 and I am using unibeast-6.2.0. So far I was not able to complete my installation as I am getting kernel panic and system reboots. Please help. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    910.2 KB · Views: 91
I am doing fresh install of 10.11.4 and I am using unibeast-6.2.0. So far I was not able to complete my installation as I am getting kernel panic and system reboots. Please help.

I see you are having the kernel panic installing OS X and Post Installation. This may be down to the ASMedia USB ports. Mount your UniBeast installers EFI partition with Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter v3. Download RehabMans GenericUSBXHCI.kext https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3 and place it in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 Folder on the UniBeast USB. In config.plist under the Boot section/Arguments type in -uia_exclude_ss and see if this stops the kernel panic.

Note you don't have to reinstall if you are at Post Installation. Boot your installation drive with your UniBeast Installer with the additions above. Let me know if this is successful as I can this to the Post#1.

I see you are having the kernel panic installing OS X and Post Installation. This may be down to the ASMedia USB ports. Mount your UniBeast installers EFI partition with Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter v3. Download RehabMans GenericUSBXHCI.kext https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3 and place it in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 Folder on the UniBeast USB. In config.plist under the Boot section/Arguments type in -uia_exclude_ss and see if this stops the kernel panic.

Note you don't have to reinstall if you are at Post Installation. Boot your installation drive with your UniBeast Installer with the additions above. Let me know if this is successful as I can this to the Post#1.

Thank you for prompt reply. I didn't know what was wrong, I just updated my bios to 1702, and did the whole installation all over again. Everything is ok. No sound though, and waiting for wifi/bt guide.:)
Btw, IOAPIC 24-119 Entries are still present under Advanced > PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries.

While we are waiting for wifi/bt guide, I want to buy apple keyboard and trackpad. Would you suggest to but wireless or wired keyboard? I assume that wired keyboard would be more realible. How realible is wireless keyboard with this setup?

About audio, when I plug my usb dell soundbar and reboot, sound start to works(even without soundbar).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back