Contribute
Register

wildwillow's Dual Boot Skylake Build : Asus Z170 Deluxe - i5-6600K - GTX970 SSC - 32GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the information.
I am just wondering why Clover is adding all those Fixes, when they are not needed?
Are these leftovers?
Not left overs, Clover supports most varieties of desktop/laptop hardware.The installer relies on the user to determine the required selections.

By the way, I noticed that you've left Board Serial Number and MLB empty. Is this just a security edit to prevent others using yours or are no entries needed? I was reading so many things about the iMessage fix and everywhere there are different opinions...
For iMessage support see the Fix iMessage guide, all the information you'll need is there. jaymonkey's guide is second to none, thorough and precise.

If I am getting it right, Clover just places a sample config that would work in most cases but needs to be edited by the user afterwards to suit the needs. :shifty:

If I am getting it right, Clover just places a sample config that would work in most cases but needs to be edited by the user afterwards to suit the needs. :shifty:

Correct with most instances, Clover has amazing abilities but one isn't a innocent PC user that wants to install OS X. The user needs to understand or learn what is required from both Clover and OS X to make it work. And to be honest its all working when you have the willingness to learn, ability to succeed and a fair amount of time on your hands.

Concerning the Fix iMessage Guide, which I had been following already, I was just asking myself why there are no values in your config. If I had missed something or if it was just for security reasons and you had deleted those entries before uploading your config here.

Concerning the Fix iMessage Guide, which I had been following already, I was just asking myself why there are no values in your config. If I had missed something or if it was just for security reasons and you had deleted those entries before uploading your config here.
The variables are deleted from the config.plist. They are no good to anyone once submitted to Apple Fix iMessage.

Sorry, but I don't know if I understand your answer right.
If I am not mistaken the variables have to be present in the config.plist for iMessage to work?

Sorry, but I don't know if I understand your answer right.
If I am not mistaken the variables have to be present in the config.plist for iMessage to work?
READ THE iMESSAGE THREAD!

I did – and it offers different approaches.
But to clarify, did you choose this:
Another method of generating a MLB value is to not specify one initially in your boot-loader config and let the boot-loader generate one for you, ensure that you disconnect from your network and boot OS X, run iMessage debug and check the MLB value, if its the correct length (13 or 17 digits depending upon system type) then copy the value and use it in-place of the above method.

Sorry, if these are dumb questions. I am really trying to get into all this stuff. :(
Couldn't you tell me which method you chose and why you are preferring it?

I did – and it offers different approaches.
But to clarify, did you choose this:

Sorry, if these are dumb questions. I am really trying to get into all this stuff. :(
Couldn't you tell me which method you chose and why you are preferring it?
If you read the guide the answers are all there. It gets tiresome to write answers that can be found on the particular topic thread. My MLB is created using a unique serial number and adding random alphanumeric characters to make up the correct length. S/N 12 digits = MLB 17 digits. There are also MLB generators available, use search. There is an iMessage discussion thread which provides a much greater knowledge of this and I would have to resort to reading the guide to provide accurate answers where you are more than capable to do so. For iMessage support please post there.

Hey wildwillow, I am totally with you on this. Sorry for bothering you with this, I was just curious which method you chose and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back