Contribute
Register

Wifi usb adapter (tp link: TL-WN722N)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you're using a first version of TL-WN722N, while the driver for macOS is intended for use with second version.
You can figure out if it is the first version, actually.
The first one have a little symbol on the back, near CE marking, while the second generation should have 1588 marking over there.

BTW, the first gen uses an Atheros AR9271L chipset. And I have found this driver for it.
But have no idea, if it work, it looks outdated.

And I can't compile it to test, due to some changes in newer macOS versions.
Apparently, we need someone, who can rewrite this driver, I have no enough knowledge to do that (have tried that already).

Last edited:
I am kinda of new on these ... so, How do I use the driver I just downloaded ???

thnx in advance

Well, normally you have a .kext file and use either Clover to inject kexts or put kext to a folder using tools like Kext Utility (you also need to rebuild kext cache if you put .kext into /S/L/E or /L/E folders, not in Clover/Kexts), but this tools will do it for you automagically.

However, in this case we have Xcode Project, not the ready driver. And you need to build it on your machine using Xcode first.

But, as far as I know, that driver isn't going to work on latest software, so I just ditched out an idea of using it and just inserter a miniPCIe card with chipset that reals Macs use.

However, in this case we have Xcode Project, not the ready driver. And you need to build it on your machine using Xcode first.
Yes, I had a hard time to run xcode ... the projects ask for a few libraries which arr no longer included on xcode ! Just found it online and placed in the right folder !
So, I managed so far to have an successful build .
What Now ? It's done ? Or it would generate an ktext file or something like that ?

But, as far as I know, that driver isn't going to work on latest software,

I am (now) aware of that, but, it would be nice to learn a bit more how this works, maybe I ll really need it one day.

I ll be very grateful if you point some directions to I learn about it !

so I just ditched out an idea of using it and just inserter a miniPCIe card with chipset that reals Macs use.

I have it on my place, but I am traveling right now, and, I ll get it back there in a few weeks, so far, I am sick of to use bluetooth shared connection ....

thnx again

Yes, I had a hard time to run xcode ... the projects ask for a few libraries which arr no longer included on xcode ! Just found it online and placed in the right folder !
So, I managed so far to have an successful build .
What Now ? It's done ? Or it would generate an ktext file or something like that ?

I found the generated ktext !

I have been displayed on xcode workspace !

Well. After inject missing libraries on xcode 8 , I managed to get a successful build . It generates a ktext file, but, the build process never ends ( is that normal ? ) .

So, I copied the ktext to S/L/E and ran a ktext utility, reboot the computer

And, as warned, it did not work !!!!

I am on macos Sierra 10.12.6

Well. After inject missing libraries on xcode 8 , I managed to get a successful build . It generates a ktext file, but, the build process never ends ( is that normal ? ) .

So, I copied the ktext to S/L/E and ran a ktext utility, reboot the computer

And, as warned, it did not work !!!!

I am on macos Sierra 10.12.6

Hey, I created that kext project for my wireless card WN722N-v1, the project is currently eliminated from github, but there is still a fork at (https://github.com/T1T4N/Atheros-AR9271).
The project is at it's starting point, so it will not work. I created the project and uploaded to github to see if someone does a better job because I have no knowledge of kernel programming.
I will try to do something else there, I still use that card.
Abel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back