Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Wifi turns on/off + no bluetooth w/ BCM94360CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering why you are injecting all your kexts via Clover ?

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 7.33.23 PM.png

I would also set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 to completely disable SIP. Then make sure you have all necessary kexts in /L/E and don't inject kexts, set it to detect kexts instead. Looking at the dates on your FakeSMC kexts it could be that you have one version in /L/E and another in EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder. I would also remove Intelgraphicsfixup kext completely and use the Lilu and AppleALC + Whatevergreen kexts.

Last edited:
Ok did all that. Still not Locale or Country in System Information and wifi just turning on, trying to connect and then turning off, repeat.
I would go through all the versions of your kexts and make sure they are current. Install the newer ones to /L/E with kextbeast and then rebuild caches and repair permissions.

To Rebuild Caches:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Hmm I did that, still same but now Country Code shows as "US" (not sure this is entirely consistent or has anything to do with what's happening with kexts and more with it turning on and off). I'm not loading any of the Bcrm kext's, all my other kexts are in L/E and my cache is rebuilt.

Wondering why you are injecting all your kexts via Clover ?
I ordered the Fenvi FV-T919 Wireless AC1300 PCI Express Wi-Fi Adapter and everything worked perfectly out of the box.

I can't help noticing you both reference the Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard in your signature, which is the motherboard that I am still using. For me with the Broadcom chipset, the WiFi works perfectly, but the Bluetooth still is the one built into the motherboard. Did you find a way to disable it in order to use the bluetooth on the Broadcom? If so how?

Thank you!

Last edited:
For me with the Broadcom chipset, the WiFi works perfectly, but the Bluetooth still is the one built into the motherboard. Did you find a way to disable it in order to use the bluetooth on the Broadcom? If so how?
If you have a Wifi/BT card like the Fenvi FV-T919 then remove the card installed on your board and use the BT from the Fenvi instead. Simply connect to the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard for working BT. Makes a lot more sense.

Last edited:
I can't help noticing you both reference the Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard in your signature, which is the motherboard that I am still using. For me with the Broadcom chipset, the WiFi works perfectly, but the Bluetooth still is the one built into the motherboard. Did you find a way to disable it in order to use the bluetooth on the Broadcom? If so how?

Thank you!

There are two ways to disable the bluetooth, you can either physically remove the card OR you can go through the process of making a custom USB SSDT.aml where you disable the USB port the built in bluetooth is using. I disable the USB port becaus the card buried on my motherboard under almost everything. It's also turned convenient because the Intel card works great in Windows and the Apple doesn't.

you can either physically remove the card OR you can go through the process of making a custom USB SSDT.aml where you disable the USB port
There are good drivers for Windows 10 and the Fenvi PCIe Wifi/BT cards. It's also extremely easy to remove the existing Wifi/BT card on the Z77N motherboard. Takes about 10 seconds and no tools needed.

If you have a Wifi/BT card like the Fenvi FV-T919 then remove the card installed on your board and use the BT from the Fenvi instead. Simply connect to the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard for working BT. Makes a lot more sense.
Thank you! Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

My card is this: https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...orderId=104514769447633&productId=32788764375

I installed the card in the PCI Express x16 Slot (the only slot on this motherboard, though some have said there is a problem if it's not a PCI-E x1) and I attached the cable to the Front USB 2.0 header (F_USB1) -- the only one available. It recognized the WiFi right away, but still sees the BT as the Intel.

If the "card on your board" you are referring to is the Intel one (picture attached) I tried that but then had no BT at all. Thanks in advance for help.

Attachments

• Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230.pdf
    18.5 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back