Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Wifi turns on/off + no bluetooth w/ BCM94360CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two ways to disable the bluetooth, you can either physically remove the card OR you can go through the process of making a custom USB SSDT.aml where you disable the USB port the built in bluetooth is using. I disable the USB port becaus the card buried on my motherboard under almost everything. It's also turned convenient because the Intel card works great in Windows and the Apple doesn't.
Thank you for your suggestions! I tried to read through the [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext but it is very difficult to understand. I don't suppose since we are using the same motherboard that I could use a copy of yours? Thanks for your help.

I installed the card in the PCI Express x16 Slot (the only slot on this motherboard, though some have said there is a problem if it's not a PCI-E x1) and I attached the cable to the Front USB 2.0 header (F_USB1) -- the only one available. It recognized the WiFi right away, but still sees the BT as the Intel.
You need to uninstall the Intel Wifi/BT card completely.
I can't see the card you linked to on Ali Express.

Screen Shot 31.jpg

You need to uninstall the Intel Wifi/BT card completely.
I can't see the card you linked to on Ali Express.
Strange the page was there yesterday, it is a 802.11+Bluetooth 4.1 Broadcom BCM943602CS PCI-E 1X Adapter. I did remove the onboard card, but had to reset the BIOS before it would recognize the Broadcom. Even though I can AirDrop, it won't discover/pair with any devices. I removed the com.apple.bluetooth.plist and did the Debug Remove/Reset routine, but still not discovering any devices. I've been scouring through posts. Probably should have left well enough alone.

Any thoughts?

I bit the bullet and bought the Fenvi card to replace my other Broadcom card. This indeed worked, but I did need to reset my BIOS to optimum settings and Shut Down / Power Up several times. Of course, now I have sleep / wake issues. Always something.

Thanks for the help. Really means a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back