Contribute
Register

WiFi not working on HP Probook 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have same problem and when I isntaled thw driver Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver that I found in the las multibeast (there are 2 options and I tryed booth), my operative system (Mac oX 10.8.2) can not work. tipical mensage mac "you need to restart you computer. Hold down the Power untill....
Now the only way to get it its at the BIOS put WIFI disable and then, operative system work .... Realy wire because I read the chip in at the wifi card writed Realtek RTL818CEBR and mac os reconozied like core card wifi ,,,,,but imposible to find any WIFI conection.......Any idea??

If you have Realtek Wifi, it won't work as it is not supported by ML. You will need to replace it with a compatible card (Atheros). See the FAQ for model numbers/etc.

The Probook also has a Realtek Ethernet port, which the ProBook Installer installs lnx2mac realtek driver (happens to also be one of the options in Multibeast). But since you have used Multibeast to install both the lnx2mac version *and* the OS X driver from realtek, assuming you didn't delete the other, you now have two drivers on your system attempting to interface with one device -- probably not a good idea. You should probably remove both drivers at this point, and install only the one from the Probook Installer. But at any rate, Ethernet is for the wired port on the left and is completely different from WiFi.

I too had this problem , it was set right by resetting the bios, please press esc while booting and reset the bios to defaults save and reboot ,,,, you should be ready to go,,, best of luck

Reseting BIOS fix it for me after upgrading to F 40. Thanks

Ok so I finally got my HP Atheros delivered... I installed it.. OSX could see it but couldn't find any wifi. So I hopped on here and read that reseting the BIOS should help and it did..But it finds a bunch of wifi points around including mine but it just says (! Connection timeout).

The weirdest thing is every wifi point is being randomly capitalised. For example my routers SSID is "NoInternet" and a Neighbours is "D-Link339" but the Probook shows them "NoInTernEt" and "D-LiNk339", Has anyone seen this happen with WiFi on a Hackintosh?

Also my H/Ware is i52430M/HD3000/8GB/750GB and Install was Uinibeast with 10.8.3 then HPPB Installer 6 then 6.1B.

Any Help?

Ok so I finally got my HP Atheros delivered... I installed it.. OSX could see it but couldn't find any wifi. So I hopped on here and read that reseting the BIOS should help and it did..But it finds a bunch of wifi points around including mine but it just says (! Connection timeout).

The weirdest thing is every wifi point is being randomly capitalised. For example my routers SSID is "NoInternet" and a Neighbours is "D-Link339" but the Probook shows them "NoInTernEt" and "D-LiNk339", Has anyone seen this happen with WiFi on a Hackintosh?

Also my H/Ware is i52430M/HD3000/8GB/750GB and Install was Uinibeast with 10.8.3 then HPPB Installer 6 then 6.1B.

Any Help?

Did you test it under Windows and/or Linux to be sure the hardware is working?

And be sure to check your router settings that it is a "flexible" as possible (a/b/g/n enabled, both radios enabled if it is dual, etc, both encryption types enabled)

Did you test it under Windows and/or Linux to be sure the hardware is working?

And be sure to check your router settings that it is a "flexible" as possible (a/b/g/n enabled, both radios enabled if it is dual, etc, both encryption types enabled)

Thanks for getting back to me again, You really have helped me with this laptop. I've spoken to a mate of mine that knows probably too much about computers and I agree that its picking up signals so thats a plus but if you could point me to the right guide to dual install on one HDD?

Ive done it on my desktop Hack but its always been on separate drives. from my understanding if i want to partition a single drive in two different file systems it will make me format the whole drive. true?

Many Thanks

Sean

Also Ive attached a screen shot of what info I'm getting on my WiFi.. See how all the access points have random capitals in their name???

Attachments

• Wifi Help.jpg
    Wifi Help.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 1,380
Thanks for getting back to me again, You really have helped me with this laptop. I've spoken to a mate of mine that knows probably too much about computers and I agree that its picking up signals so thats a plus but if you could point me to the right guide to dual install on one HDD?

Ive done it on my desktop Hack but its always been on separate drives. from my understanding if i want to partition a single drive in two different file systems it will make me format the whole drive. true?

Many Thanks

Sean

Also Ive attached a screen shot of what info I'm getting on my WiFi.. See how all the access points have random capitals in their name???

all good, i figured it out, yeah it works fine with windows 7......

Don't know.. never have seen or heard of that. What was your procedure for installing? Maybe try a fresh install using current installer/guides.

I'm having difficulty in getting OS X to recognize my wifi card. I have purchased the recommended Atheros card directly from HP. I have reset my bios, toggled the wifi button after replacing the card. Is there an issue with my bios version? Do I need to clean reinstall after installing the wifi card?

HP 4530s A7K05UT#ABA
Bios version: F.0A
Processor: i7-2670QM SR02N
Memory: 8gb (2x4gb) Micron 2Rx8 DDR3 PC3L-12800S-11-11-FP MT16KTF51264HZ-1G6M1 ML2 OEM
Drive: Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB (MZ-7TD120BW)
Screen: AU OPTRONICS B156HW01 V.4 (1920X1080)
Wifi/Bluetooth Card: Atheros AR5B195 (Ordered part# 593127-001 from HP Parts Store)

OS X version: 10.8.3 (official from Apple)
Probook Installer Version: Version 6.1 beta 8

I'm having difficulty in getting OS X to recognize my wifi card. I have purchased the recommended Atheros card directly from HP. I have reset my bios, toggled the wifi button after replacing the card. Is there an issue with my bios version? Do I need to clean reinstall after installing the wifi card?

HP 4530s A7K05UT#ABA
Bios version: F.0A
Processor: i7-2670QM SR02N
Memory: 8gb (2x4gb) Micron 2Rx8 DDR3 PC3L-12800S-11-11-FP MT16KTF51264HZ-1G6M1 ML2 OEM
Drive: Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB (MZ-7TD120BW)
Screen: AU OPTRONICS B156HW01 V.4 (1920X1080)
Wifi/Bluetooth Card: Atheros AR5B195 (Ordered part# 593127-001 from HP Parts Store)

OS X version: 10.8.3 (official from Apple)
Probook Installer Version: Version 6.1 beta 8

What is shown in SysPrefs -> Network? Did you try adding it via the [+] buttton? Did you use the ProBook Installer v6.1 to create patched DSDT including the "optional 9285" patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back