Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am having some major difficulties on getting the WiFi to work on my HP Probook 4530s with Mountain Lion installed. I had Lion before and it worked perfectly. What can I do? Help will be much appreciated.

What exact model 4530s do you have? Which installation method did you use? Did you do a clean install? Once ML was installed did it initially discover your wifi and add it to networking? I have a 4530s with the i3-2310M processor, I used iOSBeast's method of doing a clean install and I have had zero issue, wifi works fine, so does bluetooth.

What exact model 4530s do you have? Which installation method did you use? Did you do a clean install? Once ML was installed did it initially discover your wifi and add it to networking? I have a 4530s with the i3-2310M processor, I used iOSBeast's method of doing a clean install and I have had zero issue, wifi works fine, so does bluetooth.

I have the i5 2430m model, Intel HD3000 graphics, I did a clean install, ML does detect my Wifi card but it cannot find any connections. I am sitting right next to my router and still cannot find my wifi connection. I installed ML like this: booted from the Flash Drive, used the -v -x flags, installed Mountain Lion, then booted from my hard disk with -v -x flags and installed the ahci patch, and then I used the Probook installer v5 and sellected the 10.7.4 os version, ethernet fix and chimera and my ssds and dsdts. Should I have done something different?

Doesn't sound like it, perhaps someone else on here with the same model can help you out, should work. Do you have any other wireless devices connecting to your wireless router? Are they working ok?

Yep, all working. Any device connected to the router can connect to the internet without problems. It's just that my ML laptop can't seem to find ANY wifi network. Really wierd.

Yep, all working. Any device connected to the router can connect to the internet without problems. It's just that my ML laptop can't seem to find ANY wifi network. Really wierd.
What happens when you press the small WiFi button in the upper right corner?
For ML 10.8 is the correct option not 10.7.4

The button remains orange; it should turn white. I barely now noticed that it doesn't change color. So I'm guessing that the wifi card isn't actually turned on, but the system thinks it is. Right? So how can I fix this? Reinstall ML with the 10.8 option and the latest Probook installer?

EDIT: It works now. I installed the .pkg found here http://lnx2mac.blogspot.ro/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html but the light still remains orange even though the WiFi works. I am connected and browsing wirelessly now :) if anybody knows anything that I might have done wrong with the installation please let me know so that I can make everything right the next time I install ML.

The button remains orange; it should turn white. I barely now noticed that it doesn't change color. So I'm guessing that the wifi card isn't actually turned on, but the system thinks it is. Right? So how can I fix this? Reinstall ML with the 10.8 option and the latest Probook installer?

EDIT: It works now. I installed the .pkg found here http://lnx2mac.blogspot.ro/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html but the light still remains orange even though the WiFi works. I am connected and browsing wirelessly now :) if anybody knows anything that I might have done wrong with the installation please let me know so that I can make everything right the next time I install ML.
I would not worry about the light on working WiFi it will fix itself on reboot.
I was more thinking about network availability. When I click on the WiFi icon it shows the message "Searching for Networks" and nothing happens.
After pressing the WiFi button "Searching of Networks" only shows up for 1 second plus all available WiFi access points.

How did lnx2mac's installer work for you? Do you know which Wifi card you had installed in your laptop?

I too had this problem , it was set right by resetting the bios, please press esc while booting and reset the bios to defaults save and reboot ,,,, you should be ready to go,,, best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back