Graphics
Nvidia gtx 970m, Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay so here's the deal, I've hackintoshed my alienware 15, and it's the first time i've done it with any computer so bare with me.
With some trial and error I managed to get OS X Yosemite to install and boot up. It seemed to run well until I noticed two things:

1. The option to connect to the internet via wifi isn't available, so i'm wondering if its my wireless card (killer wireless card) or if there's any extra programs or kexts I can add. I can just connect via ethernet cable if my card isn't compatible but it would be nice to be wireless.

2. The resolution is too low and there's no option to adjust it, I also experience another graphics issue, the top of pages near the exit and minimize buttons flicker when the cursor is on them.
Card I have is gtx 970m*

If anyone has fixes to these problems it would be greatly appreciated.
Also apologies if this is put in the wrong forum category.

Thanks guys!

Okay so here's the deal, I've hackintoshed my alienware 15, and it's the first time i've done it with any computer so bare with me.
With some trial and error I managed to get OS X Yosemite to install and boot up. It seemed to run well until I noticed two things:

1. The option to connect to the internet via wifi isn't available, so i'm wondering if its my wireless card (killer wireless card) or if there's any extra programs or kexts I can add. I can just connect via ethernet cable if my card isn't compatible but it would be nice to be wireless.

2. The resolution is too low and there's no option to adjust it, I also experience another graphics issue, the top of pages near the exit and minimize buttons flicker when the cursor is on them.
Card I have is gtx 970m*

If anyone has fixes to these problems it would be greatly appreciated.
Also apologies if this is put in the wrong forum category.

Thanks guys!

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Your WiFi is not supported and needs to be replaced. Read FAQ for info/recommendations.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Do you have only Nvidia or Intel HD+Nvidia?

I have both NVidia and Intel graphics yes

I have both NVidia and Intel graphics yes

Please fix your profile... it is inaccurate... it lists only Nvidia.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Also is it possible to use a usb wifi adapter? Because replacing the card in my laptop would be a pain

Not recommended. USB WiFi tends to cause instability and has a poor user interface.

WiFi card replacement is generally quite easy.

Please fix your profile... it is inaccurate... it lists only Nvidia.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Okay specs are in the signature now, any thoughts on the graphics issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back