CPU
Intel i7-6560U
Graphics
Intel Iris 540
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a dual-boot of Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan (10.11). My WiFi works fine on Windows 10 (5 GHz as well) and my Bluetooth too but it doesn't work on OS X. I have added Broadcom Patch kext, Broadcom Firmware Repo kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. The WiFi symbol appears on the right of the toolbar in OS X but is just an empty outline because the "WiFi is off" and cannot be turned on. Pressing "Turn Wi-Fi on" appears to do nothing. The Broadcom kexts add just under a minute to startup on the loading bar screen. When I have booted in OS X and I type the following into the terminal:

cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]

I get many many repeats of this every second continuing past boot time:
Feb 5 05:03:46 Uwaiss-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:6412]: Not responding - Delaying next read.
Feb 5 05:03:46 Uwaiss-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:6412]: device request failed ("0xe00002ed (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002ed).

If I boot into Windows then use restart and boot into OS X it doesn't hang for a minute on boot and shows a different log somewhat indicating success but still WiFi cannot turn on (BT can turn on and pair with devices though).

I've seen others on this site who have had similar problems with this card and apparently their ACPI was not patched correctly. What patches do I need to apply to make the WiFi work?

Attached is CLOVER folder and ioreg file

Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 138
  • Uwais’s Mac Pro ioreg.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I have a dual-boot of Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan (10.11). My WiFi works fine on Windows 10 (5 GHz as well) and my Bluetooth too but it doesn't work on OS X. I have added Broadcom Patch kext, Broadcom Firmware Repo kext, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. The WiFi symbol appears on the right of the toolbar in OS X but is just an empty outline because the "WiFi is off" and cannot be turned on. Pressing "Turn Wi-Fi on" appears to do nothing. The Broadcom kexts add just under a minute to startup on the loading bar screen. When I have booted in OS X and I type the following into the terminal:

Feb 5 05:03:46 Uwaiss-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:6412]: Not responding - Delaying next read.
Feb 5 05:03:46 Uwaiss-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:6412]: device request failed ("0xe00002ed (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002ed).

If I boot into Windows then use restart and boot into OS X it doesn't hang for a minute on boot and shows a different log somewhat indicating success but still WiFi cannot turn on (BT can turn on and pair with devices though).

I've seen others on this site who have had similar problems with this card and apparently their ACPI was not patched correctly. What patches do I need to apply to make the WiFi work?

Thanks

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Why are you using MacPro3,1 with your laptop?
USB is not configured correctly.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Why are you using MacPro3,1 with your laptop?
USB is not configured correctly.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

So I followed that guide and reduced the number of USBs being injected successfully but still having the same WiFi issue as before - all the same symptoms except Bluetooth also doesn't turn on anymore (although I think it was temperamental before so I doubt it's the USB Injection that caused that).

I'm using MacPro3,1 because I saw somewhere that its best to just go for MacPro3,1 if you're not sure what to go for. I feel like I should be using MacBook9,1 because of the Skylake processor but not sure - is there a guide on what I should be using and how to change SMBIOS to match it?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 93
    2.8 MB · Views: 244
So I followed that guide and reduced the number of USBs being injected successfully but still having the same WiFi issue as before - all the same symptoms except Bluetooth also doesn't turn on anymore (although I think it was temperamental before so I doubt it's the USB Injection that caused that).

I'm using MacPro3,1 because I saw somewhere that its best to just go for MacPro3,1 if you're not sure what to go for. I feel like I should be using MacBook9,1 because of the Skylake processor but not sure - is there a guide on what I should be using and how to change SMBIOS to match it?

Thanks in advance

FixUSB_1000 is a mistake.
Using _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml is a mistake.
You should use a laptop SMBIOS (preferably Haswell or newer).

FixUSB_1000 is a mistake.
Using _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml is a mistake.
You should use a laptop SMBIOS (preferably Haswell or newer).

So I made these changes but still have the same WiFi issue. Also Bluetooth is no longer an option in network preferences (not that I care that much about the BT - just a side point). Any ideas? Thanks for the help so far.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 98
    2.8 MB · Views: 305
So I made these changes but still have the same WiFi issue. Also Bluetooth is no longer an option in network preferences (not that I care that much about the BT - just a side point). Any ideas? Thanks for the help so far.

You must have a Dell (please fix your profile as per FAQ).
Your ioreg shows evidence of the Dell truncation issue. Use a shorter SMBIOS, such as MacBook9,1 or iMac17,1 until a fix for the Dell truncation bug is ready (you can read about a WIP fix in the Clover threads on insaneleymac).

Ok so - Kept getting kernel panics with MacBook9,1 and clover gives me a big exclamation mark when I try iMac17,1 so I settled for iMac16,2 (hope that's ok). WiFi is still not turning on. Do I need to do some DSDT/SSDT patch given that the Bcm4360 (WiFi) is controlled by the PCI , so USB-Inject-All most likely won't solve the WiFi issue.

When I boot into Windows then shut down and boot into OSX my WiFi is on for a split second before turning off and not being able to be turned back on. Also in this case, in the IOReg I have two P2PInterface entries under AirPort_Brcm4360. Hope this helps you to help me. This is roughly how the IOReg of a functioning WiFi looks leading me to believe that the setup I currently have is almost right, it's just something relating to the power being supplied to the PCI slot that's wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 109
  • Uwais’s Mac ioreg.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 206
Ok so - Kept getting kernel panics with MacBook9,1 and clover gives me a big exclamation mark when I try iMac17,1 so I settled for iMac16,2 (hope that's ok). WiFi is still not turning on. Do I need to do some DSDT/SSDT patch given that the Bcm4360 (WiFi) is controlled by the PCI , so USB-Inject-All most likely won't solve the WiFi issue.

When I boot into Windows then shut down and boot into OSX my WiFi is on for a split second before turning off and not being able to be turned back on. Also in this case, in the IOReg I have two P2PInterface entries under AirPort_Brcm4360. Hope this helps you to help me. This is roughly how the IOReg of a functioning WiFi looks leading me to believe that the setup I currently have is almost right, it's just something relating to the power being supplied to the PCI slot that's wrong.

Thanks in advance.

USB nothing to do with WiFi.
Consider using different "OS Check Fix" patch. Currently, you're emulating "Windows 2015" (Windows 10). You might want to try older versions.

Thanks
The DW1820A doesn't work very well with hackintosh installations from mine and others experience when I was using El Cap. I switched mine out to the DW1560A which is better supported by macOS and works very well but I think now the goto option is the DW1830.

The only way it seems to get the DW1820A to work (assuming you have kexts set up properly) is to boot into windows, then use the RESTART option (you can do it from the lock screen) to shut down and then go directly to your OSX installation without shutting down. maybe 60-70% of the time your wifi should be working. Otherwise, unless someone finds a workaround, brcmpatchram2 will hang during startup and wifi won't work.

also if you're using the 9350 model of the XPS 13 I would use MacBook9,1 or iMac17,1 for best results (most guides aim for 9,1 though)

If you're willing to buy and replace your wifi card (usually between 20-40$), my recommendation if you're using the xps 9350 is to install Sierra 10.12.3 using syscl's guide as it is by far the most complete, as well as simplest, installation I have come across as he has automated the great majority of the post install process. His guide works for the DW1830, if you end up with the DW1560 you need to put in the-darkvoid's patch found on this page to get it to work on Sierra. the DW1560 doesn't need anything but the bcrm kexts if you decide to stick to el cap though. That being said I've only tested your current card on El Cap so if you stick to the DW1820A I'm not sure on it's current status for Sierra

USB nothing to do with WiFi.
Consider using different "OS Check Fix" patch. Currently, you're emulating "Windows 2015" (Windows 10). You might want to try older versions.

Did this but no different it seems.

Might have to settle for no WiFi/buying a new card as suggested by Helicos unless you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back