Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
I am a hackintosh noob, and I just made my first hackintosh. It was a custom gaming computer, originally not meant to be a hackintosh (I made some poor hardware choices).

Everything works (almost) perfectly except the boot and the airport wifi. The boot gives an error message instead of the loader, but booting off the original unibeast flash drive is a quick and temporary fix. The wifi is a problem. The ethernet is installed, but I don't have a 30+ foot ethernet wire to run the entire length of the house, so that is out for now. The system does not recognize the PCI card (Asus PCE-N53), and I am not knowledgeable enough to create custom drivers/kexts. I have looked around, and the only thing I found were outdated (not for mountain lion) and for a different Asus adapter of Ralink card; and some helpful profiling apps need JRE. Are there any kexts/drivers for non airport designed cards that would be compatible?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, metasigma

Hi,
I am a hackintosh noob, and I just made my first hackintosh. It was a custom gaming computer, originally not meant to be a hackintosh (I made some poor hardware choices).

Everything works (almost) perfectly except the boot and the airport wifi. The boot gives an error message instead of the loader, but booting off the original unibeast flash drive is a quick and temporary fix. The wifi is a problem. The ethernet is installed, but I don't have a 30+ foot ethernet wire to run the entire length of the house, so that is out for now. The system does not recognize the PCI card (Asus PCE-N53), and I am not knowledgeable enough to create custom drivers/kexts. I have looked around, and the only thing I found were outdated (not for mountain lion) and for a different Asus adapter of Ralink card; and some helpful profiling apps need JRE. Are there any kexts/drivers for non airport designed cards that would be compatible?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks, metasigma

Unfortunately, this PCIe card is RaLink-based and all RaLink-based PCIe are not supported by OS X 10.6 and later. You should consider to buy yourself a new, compatible adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back