Contribute
Register

Wifi and Bluetooth don't show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
On MacMan's post, he said his wifi works so I don't know. I bought the Wifi card though thank you so much for the help.

@omerronen23,

Specs for ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS GAMING (WiFi) :-

Show that it uses a Intel® Wireless-AC 9560

Specs for Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 :-

Indicate that it is a CNVi device so there is a good chance you will not be able to simply replace the Intel one with a Broadcom one ... see this post for clarification :-

As detailed in that post, the CNVi standard does allow the use of non CNVi WiFI/BT cards in the Intel Hybrid M.2 slot but the feature must be specifically supported in the BIOS. Some motherboards have an option in the BIOS to allow you to configure the Hybrid CNVi M.2 WiFi slot as either CNVi or standard M.2 ... if your motherboard has such an option then you may be able replace the Intel device with a Broadcom device.

If not then the best thing to do would be to remove the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT card and install a Mac Compatible one that is attached to a PCIe adapter, or you can use a spare M.2 slot (must be NVMe SSD compatible) details of alternatives and examples of each solution are given in that post.

Cheers
Jay
@omerronen23,

Specs for ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS GAMING (WiFi) :-

Show that it uses a Intel® Wireless-AC 9560

Specs for Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 :-

Indicate that it is a CNVi device so there is a good chance you will not be able to simply replace the Intel one with a Broadcom one ... see this post for clarification :-

As detailed in that post, the CNVi standard does allow the use of non CNVi WiFI/BT cards in the Intel Hybrid M.2 slot but the feature must be specifically supported in the BIOS. Some motherboards have an option in the BIOS to allow you to configure the Hybrid CNVi M.2 WiFi slot as either CNVi or standard M.2 ... if your motherboard has such an option then you may be able replace the Intel device with a Broadcom device.

If not then the best thing to do would be to remove the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT card and install a Mac Compatible one that is attached to a PCIe adapter, or you can use a spare M.2 slot (must be NVMe SSD compatible) details of alternatives and examples of each solution are given in that post.

Cheers
Jay
Hey I installed the Broadcom card in my PCIE slot and the wifi still does not show up. what should I do?

Hey I installed the Broadcom card in my PCIE slot and the wifi still does not show up. what should I do?

@omerronen23,

To Enable WiFi install the Lilu + AirportBrcmFixup kexts see Chapter 6 of this guide for more info :-

To Enable BT install the BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo kexts, you can download from here :-

Only install BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo from the zip file.

Kexts should be installed in /L/E .. see this guide if your unsure how :-

If after installing all of the above you find that Handoff and/or Continuity are not working between Apple devices then also install the BT4LEContinuityFixup kext (Link is in the Lilu + Plugin's guide)

Cheers
Jay

Thank you so much, Jay!!! I only installed the adapter (see picture #1), should I go ahead and buy the card (see picture #2) in order to add on to it or would the wifi work with just the adapter?
thanks again!!!

Attachments

• #1.png
    #1.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 47
  • #2.png
    #2.png
    370.7 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back