Contribute
Register

Wifi and Bluetooth don't show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks for the response! I am unsure about that, where can I check that?
windows device manager

or DPCImanager in macOS

or
Hackintool:

if it is intel, then that is not supported and you will have to replace the hardware

windows device manager

or DPCImanager in macOS

or
Hackintool:

if it is intel, then that is not supported and you will have to replace the hardware
I think it is intel as it is the integrated one in the ASUS TUF z390. What do I need to replace?

I think it is intel as it is the integrated one in the ASUS TUF z390. What do I need to replace?
the faq has some recommendations:

the faq has some recommendations:

are all the options wifi cards that need to be installed in the computer or is there an external solution like the one that came with the ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS GAMING (WiFi)

are all the options wifi cards that need to be installed in the computer or is there an external solution like the one that came with the ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS GAMING (WiFi)

@omerronen23,

Specs for ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS GAMING (WiFi) :-

Show that it uses a Intel® Wireless-AC 9560

Specs for Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 :-

Indicate that it is a CNVi device so there is a good chance you will not be able to simply replace the Intel one with a Broadcom one ... see this post for clarification :-

As detailed in that post, the CNVi standard does allow the use of non CNVi WiFI/BT cards in the Intel Hybrid M.2 slot but the feature must be specifically supported in the BIOS. Some motherboards have an option in the BIOS to allow you to configure the Hybrid CNVi M.2 WiFi slot as either CNVi or standard M.2 ... if your motherboard has such an option then you may be able replace the Intel device with a Broadcom device.

If not then the best thing to do would be to remove the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT card and install a Mac Compatible one that is attached to a PCIe adapter, or you can use a spare M.2 slot (must be NVMe SSD compatible) details of alternatives and examples of each solution are given in that post.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@omerronen23,

Specs for ASUS TUF Z390 PLUS GAMING (WiFi) :-

Show that it uses a Intel® Wireless-AC 9560

Specs for Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 :-

Indicate that it is a CNVi device so there is a good chance you will not be able to simply replace the Intel one with a Broadcom one ... see this post for clarification :-

As detailed in that post, the CNVi standard does allow the use of non CNVi WiFI/BT cards in the Intel Hybrid M.2 slot but the feature must be specifically supported in the BIOS. Some motherboards have an option in the BIOS to allow you to configure the Hybrid CNVi M.2 WiFi slot as either CNVi or standard M.2 ... if your motherboard has such an option then you may be able replace the Intel device with a Broadcom device.

If not then the best thing to do would be to remove the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT card and install a Mac Compatible one that is attached to a PCIe adapter, or you can use a spare M.2 slot (must be NVMe SSD compatible) details of alternatives and examples of each solution are given in that post.

Cheers
Jay
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation, Jay! I will try to look for an alternative wifi card. However, I am still confused about why the built-in intel wifi doesn't work as it seemed to work for Mac Man in his post. If you have any idea please let me know. Anyways, thank you so much !!!

I will try to look for an alternative wifi card. However, I am still confused about why the built-in intel wifi doesn't work as it seemed to work for Mac Man in his post. If you have any idea please let me know. Anyways, thank you so much !!!

@omerronen23,

There are no working Intel WiFi drivers for MacOS, it is currently impossible to use an Intel WiFi chipset.
It is possible in some cases to get the Bluetooth side of an Intel Combo card working .. maybe thats what you mean ?

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back