Contribute
Register

WIFI Adapters OSX Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I build a working Airport card is that it's supported by Apple, keeps the system as vanilla as possible and works 10x better than any USB dongle out there. In my experience the range, signal strangth and stability of USB Wifi is somewhat flakey even in windows with all the correct drivers. I struggle to believe that any USB adapter will work as good as my card in OSX.

inertSpark said:
The reason I build a working Airport card is that it's supported by Apple, keeps the system as vanilla as possible and works 10x better than any USB dongle out there. In my experience the range, signal strangth and stability of USB Wifi is somewhat flakey even in windows with all the correct drivers. I struggle to believe that any USB adapter will work as good as my card in OSX.
I am curious does it work in windows ?

Yup it sure does. I don't think I even needed to install any drivers for Windows 7.

This USB unit works with OS 10.6.8, 10.6.7x and Windows. Works as fast as my iMac on a DSL internet 1.5 Gb service.

EnGenius Technologies EUB9603 EXT - available at Micro Center and Newegg. :thumbup:

I am using Belkin N300 with chipset RTL8192SU driver and it works just fine.

You can download the driver from this topic:
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18705

OS X 10.7.1
Belkin N300 Share (F7D2101)

It should work for other USB adapters with the same chipset (such as ASUS USB-N11).

Cheers!

The Belkin N300 is easy to install with the package. I got it working now on Lion, using the "Wireless Network Utility" to connect to my Airport Express base station. But when I reboot the system the interface remains in "Cable Unplugged" mode and does not automatically reconnect to the wifi network by. I need to use the Wireless Network Utility again and manually connect.

Anyone seen this before and got a solution to that?

How does it work for people that have this running on Lion? Does your system automatically connect to the wifi network?

Thx

Does anyone know of an internal card with WiFi and Bluetooth that works in Lion and Windows? Or is there even a way to get internal Bluetooth?

I have the D-Link DWA-556 wireless card and so far it runs perfectly.
http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DWA-556-Express-Desktop-Adapter/dp/B000N4WRFY
41La9ZA05uL.jpg

I have the D-Link DWA-556 installed. Works perfectly in S/L and Lion 10.7.1. I get that wifi icon on the status bar on the top. When I boot up it's usually already connected in Lion and takes about 3 seconds in S/L. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back