Contribute
Register

Why on every reboot i can see all kext is reloaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
CPU
i3-8109U
Graphics
Iris Pro 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After the Chimera screen i can see all kext are always reloaded(just like when boot w -f) even on restart or from shutdown. it should be jump to the page where cpu bla bla listed load boot device etc, right? does this mean on every boot, the extension.mkext are created?

I too have the same problem. I've tried running Multibeast to rebuild extensions and dragged E/E and S/L/E into kext util to no avail. Any advice?

You can add the below string into com.apple.boot.plist
<key>Usekernelcache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Nevertheless, you'll need to install all the kexts especially FakeSMC in S/L/E since this flag ignores all the kexts in E/E

Is org.chameleon.boot analogous to com.apple.boot?

So I added that flag, but nothing happens. It still takes forever too boot. Anyone else have any ideas? :(

Also, does have two monitors hooked up make the startup slower?

Guys, the flags in Chameleon are always case-sensitive to my experience!

Either use as a kernel flag UseKernelCache=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist or type it yourself in the boot screen. Therefore:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>UseKernelCache=Yes</string>

or add:

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Please be careful next time and check your Chameleon version :crazy:

Ah, that worked. Thank you so much!

Thank you! it work so fast now, 5 sec and I'm at login screen, but after entering password it quite slow to enter desktop(i think lion loading last open apps in background).

So now no more extra folder, where's the right place to put smbios.plist. i put it on system profiler folder. is it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back