CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, first I introduce myself, my name is manuel, for some days I'm trying to install high sierra on my new computer (done specifically for hackintosh) but I always have the same problem,a white crossed circle after apple logo black screen. I tried to follow all the guides but I could not go further, someone who has the same motherboard can help me? Thank you.

My configuration is as follows:
MB Gigabyte z370n wifi
Ballistix 2x8GB RAM
GTX 1080Ti Asus
2x samsung ssd 860 evo
1x nvme samsung 970 evo

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.
hi p1lgrim, when the verbose mode is imposed the blocking screen makes the lines of text unreadable, I have already tried several times but it always gives me the same result!

hi p1lgrim, when the verbose mode is imposed the blocking screen makes the lines of text unreadable, I have already tried several times but it always gives me the same result!
It probably says "Still waiting for root device" in the bottom left corner, if so you can use the forum Search tool to look for answers.

It probably says "Still waiting for root device" in the bottom left corner, if so you can use the forum Search tool to look for answers.
Thank you so much, I try to look

Good morning, unfortunately, looking for those discussions in the forum, I did not see anything that helped me. Anyone who used this motherboard and a nvidia video card can give me a hand? it's the first time I've tried a hakintosh and I do not know where to bang my head!
Thank you

I tried again in verbose mode, this time the text was readable and reported the phrase "still waiting for root device". Before the block the screen was this, those written at the bottom can say something?

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 69
Then searching for "still waiting for root device" should have provided you with an answer.

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ .
For Z370 motherboards, you should NOT use XHCI-300-series-injector.kext. You should be using XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Then searching for "still waiting for root device" should have provided you with an answer.

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext or XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ .
For Z370 motherboards, you should NOT use XHCI-300-series-injector.kext. You should be using XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

hello, I did it, I used a usb2 drive and now I'm writing from my new hackintosh! Thanks p1lgrim! But now I need help with post-installation ...I've just installed nvidia's web drivers but, by checking "use web drivers" and restarting it always comes back to the default ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back