Contribute
Register

While booting on apple logo I see some graphic glitches on El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Touch Smart 14 n033tx (Clover)
CPU
Intel Haswell ULT Core i5 4200U / H8x/P8x
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 , Nvidia GeForce 7200n , 1366x786
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Sir.
I am running OS X El Capitan on my Intel Haswell Ult and is running well. But while booting it takes time to boot and on apple logo with the progress bar I see some graphic glitches like this in the picture below.
View attachment 181344
How to speed up the boot time and solve this?

Hi Sir.
I am running OS X El Capitan on my Intel Haswell Ult and is running well. But while booting it takes time to boot and on apple logo with the progress bar I see some graphic glitches like this in the picture below.
View attachment 181344
How to speed up the boot time and solve this?

For the boot glitch, read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/175799-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

For slow boot, provide data...

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks for your reply
Here are the files you requested as zip format.View attachment 181351

Your Clover ACPI setup is incorrect.

You must use DropOem=true when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
And you must use SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order.

It is in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

The patch you have for graphics glitch is not entered correctly.

See plist in guide for correct patch: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Well What ever was on instructions about SSDT and Graphics Glitch I did the same and here is the Clover Folder again.View attachment 181396
But this time I rechecked again and did the same as given instructions on graphics glitch patching. But still not removing the Graphics glitch while booting. And the SSDTs Sorted Order is ok and working and Drop OEM is true because the discrete Nvidia Graphics card is disabled that's why. So about the slow boot here are the other files as requested.
View attachment 181397

Well What ever was on instructions about SSDT and Graphics Glitch I did the same and here is the Clover Folder again.View attachment 181396
But this time I rechecked again and did the same as given instructions on graphics glitch patching. But still not removing the Graphics glitch while booting.

You have the patch disabled (Disabled=true). Disabled patches have no effect.

And the SSDTs Sorted Order is ok and working

You're only getting lucky. SSDT order is not guaranteed without SortedOrder.

Thanks Sir the graphics glitch is not there anymore. But what about the slow boot? As my knowledge and what i got about SSDTs sorted order is already sorted and is working. But just i want to know why it boots soo slow? If you could help me about this it would be great.

Thanks Sir the graphics glitch is not there anymore. But what about the slow boot? As my knowledge and what i got about SSDTs sorted order is already sorted and is working. But just i want to know why it boots soo slow? If you could help me about this it would be great.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Ok here are the files.
Clover Folder=View attachment 181434
Terminal Codes Output=View attachment 181433
IORegistry Output=View attachment 181432

I already told you about SortedOrder. Yet you ignored my advice.

Note the order that your SSDTs are loading:
(an interesting order you have there, but not likely to work very well)
Code:
6:226  0:000  Inserting SSDT-0.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
6:234  0:007  Inserting SSDT-7.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
6:236  0:002  Inserting SSDT-8.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
6:236  0:000  Inserting SSDT-9.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
6:237  0:000  Inserting SSDT-1.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
6:237  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
6:237  0:000  Inserting SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

I didn't check anything else.

Note: In the future, please provide ioreg as ZIP (as requested). Always read carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back