Contribute
Register

Which is the latest version I could install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel Server S5520HCR
CPU
Intel Xeon E5620 2.4 Ghz - 16GB DDR3
Graphics
Zotac GTX 970 4GB DDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have the following settings:

Mother Intel Server S5520HC
Intel Xeon E5620 2.4Ghz (1366LGA)
16GB DDR3
Zotac GTX 970
Led TV 24 Philips HDMI input

I was trying to follow the guide of El Capitan 10.11 but I can not starting installation with the interfaz.

Trying with flags: -v
The console is distorted pixels and the prohibited sign appears.
I can not read the text to know what the cause of the failure.

Try to start with the following flags:
-cpus -s -v -x = 0 -nv_disable = 1 GraphicsEnabler = No

I could not even try to create the flash drive in legacy mode.

I am not an expert, but on another PC Gigabyte B75M-D3H I tried my pendrive following the same steps and the installation does perfectly.

My question maybe i no use the flags correct ?
or my setting does not support 10.11?
what do you recomend me ?

Thank you so much everyone

please show me the link that says throwing them all in.

List of Common Boot Arguments

Arguments currently used in El Capitan

• dart=0 Force disable VT-d (shouldn't be necessary if disabled in BIOS, but a common failsafe)
  • nv_disable=1 Disable any graphics acceleration on Nvidia cards. Since the OS X drivers usually hang or fail to start the UI on unsupported cards, this is a workaround for unsupported cards until you can install the Nvidia Web drivers.
  • nvda_drv=1 Turn on Nvidia Web drivers after they've been installed
  • npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 Used only for X79/X99 boards to avoid freeze at PCI Configuration Begin
  • cpus=1 Disable all but one CPU core, temporary workaround for CPU power saving issues, normally only for Sandy Bridge CPUs
  • -v Verbose mode (also available via space bar at Clover menu)
  • -x Safe mode -- almost never useful during installation (also available via space bar at Clover menu)
  • -s Single user mode -- never useful during installation (also available via space bar at Clover menu)
  • -f Boot without caches -- almost never useful during installation (also available via space bar at Clover menu)
  • darkwake=0 Disable "dark wake" (partial wake from sleep mode), seems unlikely to be useful during installation
  • uia_exclude=... One recommended way to fix USB ports on El Capitan is to use USBInjectAll.kext and then disable certain ports to stay under the 15-port-per-controller limit (e.g. ports on unused motherboard headers). This boot argument lists ports to disable. Only meaningful when USBInjectAll.kext is installed.

Arguments only used in older versions of OS X
Don't bother using these in Clover/El Capitan as they will be ignored.

• PCIRootUID=0/1 -- no longer used
  • GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No -- replaced by graphics injection settings in config.plist
  • IGPEnabler=Yes/No -- replaced by graphics injection settings in config.plist
  • rootless=0 -- only used during early betas of El Capitan
  • kext-dev-mode=1 -- replaced by RtVariables settings in config.plist

so, not sure throwing them all in 1 shot is going to do you any good.

like, a) you're not sandy bridge, b) "-cpus" then "= 0" somewhere else not sure what the heck is that, c) GraphicsEnabler isn't even valid anymore, etc etc.

now, not saying 100% for sure there's solution for your config, just saying throwing random bootflags in isn't going to help.

so, not sure throwing them all in 1 shot is going to do you any good.

like, a) you're not sandy bridge, b) "-cpus" then "= 0" somewhere else not sure what the heck is that, c) GraphicsEnabler isn't even valid anymore, etc etc.

now, not saying 100% for sure there's solution for your config, just saying throwing random bootflags in isn't going to help.

you are right, just understand something else.

The process where the start of the installation is braked, is (STILL ROOT DEVICE) "or something similar" ...., then I tried to change USB port, and magically solved only -v using nv_disable = 1

Then I'll have to investigate how to lift the driver for GTX 970.
correctly

you are right, just understand something else.

The process where the start of the installation is braked, is (STILL ROOT DEVICE) "or something similar" ...., then I tried to change USB port, and magically solved only -v using nv_disable = 1

Then I'll have to investigate how to lift the driver for GTX 970.
correctly

a) which the link you posted has the exact solution for that
b) install the nvidia web driver

a) which the link you posted has the exact solution for that
b) install the nvidia web driver

Great !! Working with max resolution now and acceleration HDMI*1920x1980

But I do not have network access. The onboard network card is not recognized ... (Intel 82575EB)

I connected a USB adapter to test wifi (TP-Link WN321G V2) does not work. In windows it is installed as a (RT73)

I also tried a USB Encore (ENUWI-G2) does not work for me. In Windows recognizes it as a (RTL8187)

I'm around trying to get a clue of how to fix it.

For audio, I'm testing with Via Envy24 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back