Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I finally decided is time to own a mac because I am getting in the app business and Windows SDK ain't cutting it anymore, I need the real Iphone SDK on Mac. So I am going with the customMac build list trying to keep it low budget for now it comes to $330, I already have a HDD at home so I will use that one first and if everything works good I will upgrade later on. So me being a windows tech for nearly a decade never had trouble buying windows OS, I went to apple store looking for the Mac OS X and is no where to be found, where can I buy the Retail DVD looking at the unibeast tutorials I think I need to buy Snow Leopard and then upgrade from within the system, only place I saw a retail DVD was amazon Amazon.com: Mac OS X version 10.6.3 Snow Leopard: Software is this the only place on earth that has the retail DVD?

Pretty much, you have to realize that SL is now 2 generations old and Apple has since switched to Digital distribution.

Ok so I finally decided is time to own a mac because I am getting in the app business and Windows SDK ain't cutting it anymore, I need the real Iphone SDK on Mac. So I am going with the customMac build list trying to keep it low budget for now it comes to $330, I already have a HDD at home so I will use that one first and if everything works good I will upgrade later on. So me being a windows tech for nearly a decade never had trouble buying windows OS, I went to apple store looking for the Mac OS X and is no where to be found, where can I buy the Retail DVD looking at the unibeast tutorials I think I need to buy Snow Leopard and then upgrade from within the system, only place I saw a retail DVD was amazon Amazon.com: Mac OS X version 10.6.3 Snow Leopard: Software is this the only place on earth that has the retail DVD?

You can buy it here but alas they don't sell it anymore?

Apple Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard

Search Results - Apple Store (U.S.)

Try eBay bro for used DVDs. Weird. They must have discontinued selling them.

End of the Snow Leopard retail DVD in the Apple store... :cry:

snowdvd.png

Seems to be the end of Snow Leopard retail hackintoshes as well. Digital from now on, so people without Macs are screwed.

And if you have access to a Mac, I did at the library. You can use that to create a Unibeast Drive and install OSX that way.

And if you have access to a Mac, I did at the library. You can use that to create a Unibeast Drive and install OSX that way.

I do have access at the Library at school we have a Digital Center with iMacs, so I could buy
OS X Mountain Lion Application there, and use uniBeast to make a
UniBeast USB. Now that's the spirit KoalaMan this was a great suggestion, I will be going to the campus and purchase my new OS. Thanks again.

:thumbup:

I do have access at the Library at school we have a Digital Center with iMacs, so I could buy
OS X Mountain Lion Application there, and use uniBeast to make a
UniBeast USB. Now that's the spirit KoalaMan this was a great suggestion, I will be going to the campus and purchase my new OS. Thanks again.

:thumbup:

Make sure you have enough time to buy/download it. And SIGN OUT before you leave.

i just purchased a sealed brand new copy of Snow Leopard Retail Dvd through EBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back