Contribute
Register

Whats your 2500K Geekbench Score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't checked mine since I originally set my hack up last August, so I decided to run
Geekbench today only to find this...

32-bit: 4400 o_O
64-bit: 4814 o_O o_O

Anyone know what might be causing these low scores? Last I checked it was around 9500.

When I originally set it up, I was using the MacPro 3,1 system definition (Easybeast).
I have since switched to the iMac 12.2 definition per this guide: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24547
I'm pretty sure I got good scores even after switching.

Should I change the system definition back? Any tips are appreciated - thanks!

miK. said:
Should I change the system definition back? Any tips are appreciated - thanks!

Change back to MacPro3,1- then post back.

tonymacx86 said:
Change back to MacPro3,1- then post back.

Thanks, Tony! That did the trick... I think I changed sys defs originally because sleep wasn't
working properly at the time. It worked better w/iMac 12,2 except for the no USB on wake.
Sleep works now too... just still no USB on wake (wake it w/the power button, USB works).
I know you guys are researching this.

geeky.png

ChiefWizard said:
I only ran the 32bit bench as I haven't paid for the 64bit one. :)

32bit: 12,938 :D

That's a i5 2500K @ 5.0 GHz 1.41v (max as all power saving options are on) 8GB 1600MHz ram and a HD 5770.

How long have you been running 5ghz stable? I ask because I have almost the same setup. What stress tests have you ran?

11364 :cool:

OC'd using 40x multiplier and 100MHz blck so 4.00GHz. Runs really smoothly. Also enabled X.M.P. to get 1600MHz and am using the iMac 12,2 definition

Screen Shot 2012-02-27 at 19.27.35.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-27 at 19.27.35.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-27 at 19.27.35.png
    602.2 KB · Views: 465
Its been stable at that clock since this past December :) I've prime 95 'd it for 5 hours and it maxed at 68-71C (kept fluctuating at that temp after the first 1/2 hour so I doubt it would get any higher) that's with integrated graphics clocked way down to 400MHz and deactivated for good measure. PLL enabled at 1.7, turbo off, in OS frequency control off, all other power savings enabled (C1 C3 C6 etc). 1.41v vcore (not sure what offset im on to do that), load line on level 1, all else at stock voltages (manually set, I left nothing to chance with auto lol). Base clock manually set to 100.1 MHz ( that gets me an actual clock of 100, stock setting said 100.0 but ran at 99.8 :/ ).

Now I have 8 case fans, a push pull on the hyper212, the hyper 212 and the 2500k are both lapped, and I have a case fan blowing on the front and back of my motherboard :p all 77cfm fans under 12db.

Oh and turbo watts is set at 120 and Amps at 98, though not sure if that matters cause turbo is off.... But it's there lol

ChiefWizard said:
Its been stable at that clock since this past December :) I've prime 95 'd it for 5 hours and it maxed at 68-71C (kept fluctuating at that temp after the first 1/2 hour so I doubt it would get any higher) that's with integrated graphics clocked way down to 400MHz and deactivated for good measure. PLL enabled at 1.7, turbo off, in OS frequency control off, all other power savings enabled (C1 C3 C6 etc). 1.41v vcore (not sure what offset im on to do that), load line on level 1, all else at stock voltages (manually set, I left nothing to chance with auto lol). Base clock manually set to 100.1 MHz ( that gets me an actual clock of 100, stock setting said 100.0 but ran at 99.8 :/ ).

Now I have 8 case fans, a push pull on the hyper212, the hyper 212 and the 2500k are both lapped, and I have a case fan blowing on the front and back of my motherboard :p all 77cfm fans under 12db.

Oh and turbo watts is set at 120 and Amps at 98, though not sure if that matters cause turbo is off.... But it's there lol
Nice! It looks like I'd have to do a few extra mods to get where you're at I'm at 4.5 with 4 120mm case fans and a single 120 mm on the hyper 212 I may stay there and push it to 5.0 on my next i7 build ( I may have to get Intelsat OC'ers warranty for that build. :p)

I got the Intel warranty on this chip. To get it up to 5 originally I went on a suicide run at 1.52 volts and backed off from there to find where I could still boot into a (seemingly) stable OS then fine tuned.

For $20 that warranty is well worth it if your going for a high over clock.

Ether way I should stop highjacking this thread lol. Pm me if you want to know more about what I did :)

ChiefWizard said:
I got the Intel warranty on this chip. To get it up to 5 originally I went on a suicide run at 1.52 volts and backed off from there to find where I could still boot into a (seemingly) stable OS then fine tuned.

For $20 that warranty is well worth it if your going for a high over clock.

Ether way I should stop highjacking this thread lol. Pm me if you want to know more about what I did :)

5.0 GHz??? :eek: I am your number one fan!
I have the same processor with a Noctua NH-D14 Cooler and I want 5GHz...
BTW, if u say that your OC is stable, U Rock, Dude!!! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back