Contribute
Register

What's the current state of iMessage functionality? Mine isn't working, any current fixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nvram*.plist was also in the Extra folder. Tried everything in this thread. Finally I got iMessage to work; this may or may not work for you, but here's what I did :

1 - Deleted the nvram*.plist file in the Extra folder, and removed anything I had modified following the advice in this thread.
2 - Used the Chameleon Wizard to generate a new, random serial number consistent with the system definition (Macpro3,1)
3 - Downloaded and run Chimera 2.0.1, installed and let it generate the files needed.
4 - Rebooted and had a working iMessage.

Good luck

I've tried everything mentioned here and on other sites. THIS is the only thing that has worked so far. I have multiple hackintoshes and reinstall for testing frequently. Perhaps this had something to do with my troubles. For now, this appears to have done the trick. Thank you all!

Used the Chameleon Wizard to generate a new, random serial number consistent with the system definition

What is the Chameleon wizard and how do I get it?

Downloaded and run Chimera 2.0.1, installed and let it generate the files needed.

Can anyone explain this step a bit more clearly.

Thanks.

What is the Chameleon wizard and how do I get it?

Can anyone explain this step a bit more clearly.

Thanks.

I googled "Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon" and it's the first thing that popped up for me. Should be easy enough to track down. I ONLY edited the SMBios plist as instructed and used the premade config for a Mac Pro 3,1. Save and you're done.

As for Chimera 2.0.1, if you check the Downloads here, it's located in the Archives. Download and run the installer. Make sure you've trashed your existing nvram*.plist file as instructed.

That being said, it worked for me, but back up your extras folder if you have any reservations.

OK thanks much for the info.

However, this looks way too complicated for me. I consider myself very much a beginner and have to have really clear step by step instructions. In the absence of those, I'll just do without iMessage for a while and see if something else comes along.

Thanks again.

Completely understand. If it's any help, the process is actually pretty straightforward and easy once you download the two files you need. My presentation skills aren't the best, but maybe this screenshot helps demonstrate all that you need to do.

Attachments

• wizard-instructions.jpg
    wizard-instructions.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 239
OK thanks. I am fairly confident that I followed the steps, but I'm still getting the message that I can't sign in to iMessage with my Apple ID and that I need to call Apple support. It gives me an activation code.

Ive tried every solution in here, nothing works. I get a check your network settings message.

Edit:

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Its taken me numerous fresh installs to figure out the problem. There isn't a problem per se in the methods listed here at all, nor my computer.

I did a bit of experimenting and the issue is something to do with my LAN port. Its blocking certain ports (I'm using my Universities internet) which is stopping me from connecting iMessage!

University wifi works fine, as does hot spotting! Im kinda annoyed it took this long to figure out, but there you have it, it could be a issue with some peoples port stuff being blocked.

See tonymax86's post here and my post following it for getting iMessages to work again. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back