Contribute
Register

What will Apple do with Macs and OS X in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the Macbook Pro line disappearing or going education only and than Just having the MacBook Pro Retina 15 & 13, and Macbook Air Retina 13, 11.. Good call on the ACD 27" going thin like the iMac.

I would love to see Apple TV upgrades, opening these up to more Apps and some sort of OTA HD support via tuner or something similar to SiliconDust HDHomerun..

Creating touch screen facility on the iMacs and/or MacBooks ?
Using multiple screens would produce awesome presentation tool.

iPhone 5S - "6month release cycle change to battle samsung"
Apple TV+?
Retina iPad Mini
Retina MBP Standard
10.9 OSX
New iPod Touch (Next Gen)
MacPro 2011 w/ AIO CLS

For one thing, upgrade the disk controllers to SATA3/6GB. It's been out for almost 2 years now. Who wants to buy a professional "work"station that works (disk transfer speed that is) at 1/2 speed of other platforms? Also add options for video cards other than the antiquated 5770/5870.

Touch screens and laptops with detachable tablet screens but if they don't leap down that rabbit hole, they are going to have to get back to innovating like crazy, would be my take. I can't see them stagnating, you can take slimmer and speed bumps only so far, surely, should be an interesting year or eighteen months.

A box that connects to the telly, gives you an online television experience, and also acts as a home server for families, couple, etc where you don’t want partitioned and separated content but rather, all of your household’s content siloed and synced. Such a home server would also be a significant step up from the mere Time Capsule concept. Also, because people often have more than one machine, a way of syncing everything from your account on one machine to your account on another, by having it all live for real on the home server —*if you’ve got the same content across more than one machine, only back it up as if it exists once. Same with other members of the family.

Their ridiculous mobileme thing should be made quite well functional at a free level, and only start skinning your bank account for higher levels of usage. An improved and free first level mobileme should integrate quite well with a home server.

They also need to realise that families or couples etc want some of their content shared (ie, exist once but available to all) and some kept private. If they can pull that off, then iPads etc can be less personal and more share-able.

A home server that gets all of these concepts right would be a superb product.

Retina MacBook Pro as a standard configuration
Updated Mac Pro
Announcement or preview of OS X 10.9
And personally, i would like to see MacBook Air with Retina display, wasn't a big fan of Air before but since i got 2011 model it became my personal favorite

As for OS X 10.9:
Since Facebook is now integrated into OS it would be nice if 10.9 could detect friends with Macs and offer an option to add them to FaceTime and Messages contacts list.
Siri, Maps, Passbook, new design for calendar and contacts

They already do. It's called Air Display, it works kind of like a VNC client on the iPad or another Mac to add extra screen real estate to your Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back