Contribute
Register

What will Apple do with Macs and OS X in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
apple_questionmark.jpeg
I was just thinking about this and figured I'd create a thread to see what you guys thought Apple might come up with in 2013. Here are a few things I think are a pretty safe bet for the Mac/OS X side.

• New Macbook Air redesigned "flat" instead of "wedge" shaped. Kind of like the new retina MBPs.
  • Retina MacBook Pro design becomes standard
  • Updated (not redesigned) Mac Pro
  • Newly updated wired/wireless keyboard/mouse/trackpad
  • Redesigned Thunderbolt Displays
  • OS X 10.9 preview at WWDC 2013
  • ??

What do you think Apple will do with Macs and OS X in 2013?

A very good question!

Seems like they gave up the desktop computer a long time ago...

Jobs: The desktop computer industry is dead. Innovation has virtually ceased. Microsoft dominates with very little innovation. That's over. Apple lost. The desktop market has entered the dark ages, and it's going to be in the dark ages for the next 10 years, or certainly for the rest of this decade.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/4.02/jobs.html

They seem to forget that the first generation of mac lovers was because of the desktop!

Now, i have almost no other choice then to indulge in the hackintosh story!

Thanks to Tonymacx86 it works out pretty good!!

Maybe they will go into the Television branch? As in 40 inch macs?

This year seems to be all about invading the living room / personal mobile innovations.

Same thing as they have been doing for the past 5 years or so I'd guess, milk it like the cash cow that it is, and put as minimal investment in it as possible to keep them looking pretty to get people to keep buying them.

I don't think this will be a year so much about redesign but in keeping with Apple's product update schedule, yes, we'll see updates.

The iMac as just updated so I don't think we'll hear about those.

The Macbook Pro line may get a spec bump, I think that's about it.

The Macbook Air line, again, just a spec bump, but perhaps a 15" Air?

Many, including me, are hoping for a new Mac Pro, redesigned? Hard to say, but I think they'll change its look and bring it up to date in terms of CPU and GPU, USB 3 and thunderbolt.

Perhaps newly redesigned Apple displays?

Definitely a preview of OSX 10.9

Not sure what else.

10.9 " New cat" thats for sure.
Upgraded Mac pro. Thats what we are all hopping for xD
iPhone 5s and low cost iPhone within IOS 7
Apple Tv.iMac and Macbooks line up upgrade.

iPads with retina display will have added functionality to work as a display.
A new accessory for Mac Mini will enable attaching iPads to the Mini and work/look like a Mini iMac.

1. Retina Macbook Pros become the standard ("Fat" Macbook Pro will phase out)
2. Thunderbolt display will be updated to have ultra thin look (maybe more resolution?)
3. Macbook Airs will see a spec jump, thats about it. Possibly with Retina
4. OS X 10.9 will introduce full blown Siri to our desktops
5. Mac Pro update, not redesign like Tony said
6. Mac mini may stay the same, not sure about that one.
7. No iMac update
8. Now this ones just crazy but... Apple will announce some sort of computing device (like an imac or mac mini) that will run on its own CPU, not intel.

And then of course you got your other updates like the iPhone 5S, Apple TV will be updated (Maybe a little more than you think), and then the iPod classic will cease to exist... sadly :(

Don't think this year will be anything big besides spec bumps to Haswell and wireless AC. I'm hoping they reduce the price of the retina versions if they phase out the original MBP. MBAir retina will probably be 2014 as well. I don't think they'll do anything with the Mac Pro either lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back